Please help. Gpu crashing anything that taxes it for longer than 6 mins

Oct 2, 2018
I dont know how to begin. Ill start by telling you that my pc is on a custom loop. 360 rad 6 fans and copper waterblocks. Ill also start by saying that my gpu (was on liquid metal) and cpu is currently on liquid metal. I dont worry about it causing issues as i took tons of precautions before even applying (coating surrounding areas and more with nail polish clear and then applying liquid tape around the most important parts and ON TOP OF THAT i have a foam damn barrier around both cpu and gpu to catch any metal if it so happens to come out slightly which wont as the computer is not moved around alot.

anyways everything was fine. Temps were GREAT and still are but i was getting 44 max load on cpu and gpu. I could overclock like crazy and it was fun. well i decided to tighten down my backplate a little as it was missing screws. then i loaded up a benchmark and applied my standard overclock that was stable all the time and then i end up crashing or getting a program has ended error on the benchmark.

Now every game i try to taxe the gpu it Causes the game to close out and i get a error that it has ended. I ended up cleaning my gpu and removing all the liquid metal and completely cleaning everything on the gpu that i could. it looks real clean now and then i applied some standard EK thermal paste and hoped that maybe that could have been my issue.

Nope. its still crashing but it takes longer now iv tried removing ALL overclocks and with out any overclocking the gpu is fine. but the minute i overclock even just a little it crashes. I have no clue why and its really frustrating. Iv made sure to check for ANY liquid metal on everything for HOURS no joke. No spills or anything. What the heck is the issue? What could be the problem?

Anyways i will provide a benchmark log that will show you what happens right before the benchmark superposition crashes

this is my gpu-z crashlog. Disregard everything in it except the final reset where it runs and then drops in clocks to indicate the game crashed.

https://ufile.io/5jvsw

THANK YOU

Oct 2, 2018
im sorry i forgot to mention my specs

Ryzen 1700

Gtx 1080 ti.

evga 650 g3 powersupply

g skill flare x ram 16 gb 3200

msi sli plus motherboard x370

also inside the log you should see my gpu temps and memory temps and other temps.

Oct 2, 2018
Ok i have solved my issue. Apparently with the newest driver there is a display port issue which im using that can cause BSOD on startup or something but apparently in my case it can cause instability for clocks and gaming so i ran the provided tool below and it completely fixed my issue.

https://www.nvidia.com/object/nv-uefi-update-x64.html

So if anyone is having something similar going on with the latest driver of 411 by nvidia please try this if your using displayport