Question Please help ---- graphics glitch after AMD driver update ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2021
I had this pc for almost 2 years, after the last AMD drivers update everything is glitching, the desktop, the browser, the game EVERYTHING, here is my problem in a video
the vid : View: https://imgur.com/W5arHaw

here is a list of things i have tried:
  • want back to older drivers all the way back to 2018 drivers (did not work)
  • changing monitor (did not work)
  • changing windows (did not work)
  • changing the HDMI cable (did not work)
  • go back to older BIOS (did not work)
  • disable XMP (did not work)
  • overclocking (did not work)
  • install the drivers without AMD adrenalin
  • cleaned up my pc (did not work)
  • change graphics card BIOS switch "I have vage VEGA 56 Red Devil" (did not work)
  • uninstall AMD chipset driver (did not work)
the only thing that removes those glitches is uninstalling AMD graphic card drivers, but then I can't play games and my refresh rate is only at 60hz (my monitor is 144hz)

my pc specs are
  • MSI b450 gaming pro carbon ac
  • PowerColor Radeon RX VEGA 56 Red Devil 8GB HBM
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core
  • 16GB 3000mhz ram
plz if you have any ideas feel free to help

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? As for your BIOS, please don't go backwards, instead always look forward. In this regard, please gradually work your way up tot he latest BIOS update for your motherboard. You can and very will likely brick your motherboard if you just jump to the latest BIOS version.

What OS version are you on at the moment? Did you use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers? Reinstalling the latest drivers from AMD(not Windows Update) in an elevated command?

Apr 1, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? As for your BIOS, please don't go backwards, instead always look forward. In this regard, please gradually work your way up tot he latest BIOS update for your motherboard. You can and very will likely brick your motherboard if you just jump to the latest BIOS version.

What OS version are you on at the moment? Did you use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers? Reinstalling the latest drivers from AMD(not Windows Update) in an elevated command?

my PSU is: CORSAIR VS650, 650 Watt, 80+ White Certified, Non-Modular Power Supply
I had it for two years I bought it new when I bought the pc parts

I will do the BIOS thing.

OS version:
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎30/‎03/‎2021
OS build 19042.906
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

yes, I did use DDU and also Amd utility remover, and yes I installed the latest drivers from AMD's official website.

Status
Not open for further replies.