Question Please help! How can i make this low budget prebuilt pc any better?

Jul 29, 2019
I bought this pc off of amazon Dell Optiplex 3010 SFF

CPU: Intel Core i3 3220 3.3GHz
MOBO: Dell 042p49
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GT 710
1x4GB DDR3 pc3-12800 1600mhz
HDD 256GB
DELL 250 watt power supply

I know its not the ideal startup but its all i could afford and i needed a family desktop anyway and just want to play some games to hold me off so i can save up for a better gaming pc any help will be really appreciated! Thank!

tsdobbi

Reputable
Oct 29, 2016
I wish you would have come here first, before buying and posted your max price and let the community help you out. From what I see on amazon with the model number you posted. That is a very slim case. It looks like you might have to dump everything but the mobo, proc and ram (which you will need more of) and get a new case, psu, ram and video card. I also don't know if that will even work because I know that PSU is a proprietary form factor, who knows if the mobo is too so it might not be able to be mounted in a new ATX/mini-atx case.

Jul 29, 2019
I wish you would have come here first, before buying and posted your max price and let the community help you out. From what I see on amazon with the model number you posted. That is a very slim case. It looks like you might have to dump everything but the mobo, proc and ram (which you will need more of) and get a new case, psu, ram and video card. I also don't know if that will even work because I know that PSU is a proprietary form factor, who knows if the mobo is too so it might not be able to be mounted in a new ATX/mini-atx case.
Yes i should have but this pc I bought is just a family one and i just wanted to make minor upgrades so i can play a few games to get me by while i earn enough money to completely build a new pc which i will be asking for questions here on this forum.

Yeah, does the PC need to stay skinny or can we recommend cheap case replacements? Low profile GPUs are quite expensive.

It would appear that the mobo has a standard 20 or 24 pin ATX connector, so a typical PSU replacement is feasible.

Country?
Budget for upgrades?

Last edited: