Please help I keep getting an error message

I try to burn a dvd with my dvd burner and I keep getting an error
message that my cd is either no cd in the drive or that the cd is not
empty.

I am using Toshiba R5112 (dvd burner dvd-r /dvd-rw) and Verbatim DVD+R
cd's.
I am trying to do this via Ulead Moviefactory 3.0.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Darmin,
Is your burner capable of burning +R? You have stated -R/-RW

Peter

"Darmin" <memisevic@attbi.com> skrev i meddelandet
> I try to burn a dvd with my dvd burner and I keep getting an error
> message that my cd is either no cd in the drive or that the cd is not
> empty.
>
> I am using Toshiba R5112 (dvd burner dvd-r /dvd-rw) and Verbatim DVD+R
> cd's.
> I am trying to do this via Ulead Moviefactory 3.0.
>
> Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

memisevic@attbi.com (Darmin) wrote:

>I try to burn a dvd with my dvd burner and I keep getting an error
>message that my cd is either no cd in the drive or that the cd is not
>empty.
>
>I am using Toshiba R5112 (dvd burner dvd-r /dvd-rw) and Verbatim DVD+R
>cd's.
>I am trying to do this via Ulead Moviefactory 3.0.
>
>Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Looks like either you have told Moviefactory to create a CD video and
you have a DVD disk in your drive.
If this is not the case then try re-formatting your blank DVD.

Regards Brian

Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in

> memisevic@attbi.com (Darmin) wrote:
>
>>I try to burn a dvd with my dvd burner and I keep getting an error
>>message that my cd is either no cd in the drive or that the cd is
>>not empty.
>>
>>I am using Toshiba R5112 (dvd burner dvd-r /dvd-rw) and Verbatim
>>DVD+R cd's.
>>I am trying to do this via Ulead Moviefactory 3.0.
>>
>>Does anyone know what the problem might be?
>
> Looks like either you have told Moviefactory to create a CD video
> and you have a DVD disk in your drive.
> If this is not the case then try re-formatting your blank DVD.
>
> Regards Brian

Well, his post is certainly confusing, but it sounds to me like he
might be trying to burn a DVD+R on a DVD-R burner.

We should tell him that that can't work...

Gino

--
Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com

Thanks,

I got some dvd-r cd's and it worked just fine. I wasted one dvd
because my ulead was not up do date.

I was not aware that -/+ signs matter.