Please help, I Need a minimum of 6 monitors connected to my desktop, but how?

Jan 2, 2019
Hi fellow community members,

For my day job, I do a lot of research and I need a minimum of 6 HDMI monitors connected to my desktop. Currently, my 1050TI only has 3 outports which I am using. Can anyone please help? All of my monitors have HDMI, however, they don't all have display port or DVI.

will greatly appreciate you.

Thanks!

Jan 2, 2019
this has to be the most awesome forum for help EVERRR. to be able to ask a question and receive the solution in under a minute?? well on my way to ordering the matrox already thank you #GRANDMASTER! AND TOMS HARDWARE!

bignastyid

Titan
While the matrox card will work it also costs $600 plus the price of adapters. If your motherboard has a 2nd 16x pci-e slot a 2nd video card capable of support 3 more monitors will likely be much cheaper. It'd cost ~$150 for a GTX 1050 and a couple of HDMI adapters.

Jan 2, 2019

ALAS, another question has risen if you' be so kind. Matrox sells a card that supports dual monitors for $169. I was wondering, If I kept my 1050TI installed, could I just add the Millenium G550 PCI-e 1x (Part Number: G55-MDDE32LPDF) and I could Have 6 displays?
and is the Matrox brand supported on pos cars

referring to this product.
http://shopmatrox.com/usa/products/datasheet.asp?ID=816

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
As mentioned above the cheapest route would be to add something like a 1050 but I didn't know anything about your power supply or rest of PC and since it was for work most people want the most elegant/sure fire option even if it's more. I wouldn't buy the matox card and fight driver issues with your 1050ti. I'd only consider either the 6 port card, or doing what BND suggested above.

Jan 2, 2019

i was totally going to ask about the cheapest option since just viewing a few extra monitors should not have to put me in the price level of RTX 2070 (Matrox = $600) smh

Prolem is, I have a stupid Dell Inspiron 3847 I've started using for now to save money, but i've already upgraded power to EVGA 600W, RAM to 24GB, Samsung EVO 512 B NVM.e... so all that money spent i would really really like to save some on this card.

BTW , I only have 1 PCI-e 1x port that is barely accessible due to the card taking up some room. so no pci-e 16x available, only 1

Jan 2, 2019
Is there some kind of adapter that would change PCI-e 1x to a 16x...?
I"m trying to think of any solution here so sorry if anything sounds stupid.
so, I'm still within the return time of my 105ti ... what if I returned the 1050ti, and found some 2 cards that I could fit together into my pc?