Question Please help, I really need to use my PC

dullaanees

Commendable
Jan 18, 2018
I do wanna ask a question before buying a new PSU
So when I came back home I boot up my PC and it starts for 1 second then it shuts down and it repeats the same thing.
I unhooked the graphics card from the PSU just for the hell of it and plugged the display port to the motherboard. The PC starts and it shows the MSI logo then it shuts down when windows tries to boot up so about 10 seconds.
Then what I did is boot up THEN plug the graphics card to the PSU and it would also only last 10 secs then repeat.
So I took out the PSU and found a small portion of brown liquid that I'm pretty sure came out of the PSU somehow. I'm sure cuz the liquid was no where else and it smelled like the inside of the PSU.
Is it the PSU, Motherboard or Graphics card possibly?
Notes :
  • I live with my girlfriend only and she never uses my PC and she says she didn't and I was at my university so no once touched it.
  • I didn't know what catogaries this so feel free to move it or ask for further explanations.

araujo.tiago

Reputable
Sep 25, 2018
The brown liquid might be from a bad capacitor.

I would suggest to verify carefully the source of the leakage. If your PSU isn't covered by warranty, try to open it and verify inside.

Do you have a spare PSU (or a friend to borrow one from?)?

Reactions: dullaanees

dullaanees

Commendable
Jan 18, 2018
The brown liquid might be from a bad capacitor.

I would suggest to verify carefully the source of the leakage. If your PSU isn't covered by warranty, try to open it and verify inside.

Do you have a spare PSU (or a friend to borrow one from?)?
Unfortunately I don't
I can 98% confirm that it is.
Since the smell of the liquid is also the smell on of inside PSU
And there has been no liquid near the case
And this liquid cannot be found anywhere else in the PC

araujo.tiago

Reputable
Sep 25, 2018