[SOLVED] please help I'm about to throw my pc out the window

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 11, 2020
Its about my CPU-Fan:
I have a Acer Predator G3 with Intel Core i7 6700, the pc is about 6 years old. The standard CPU-cooling is very bad, it lets the CPU heat up to about 95°c and then cools it all the way to about 50°c and then the fan shuts off and lets it heat up again and so on. terrible. I tried so many fan control programs and except Argus monitor not one is working and apparently my pc is too old for predator sense. The problem with argus monitor is that i can only control the fan once it has started running. That means, when i start the pc i have to hop in game and then wait until the cpu has reached said 95°c and the fan starts running. I cannot start the fan on my own. When it is running i then can control it using argus monitor. The only setting in my BIOS regarding CPU fan is Smart fan and I disabled it and nothing changed. PLEASE HELP ME

Solution
Problem....CPU heats to a threshold of 100'C or so before CPU fan starts.

Answer....well the first 15 answers about the fan, heatsink, thermal paste being defective is a load of horse dung. If the fan spins at 100'C then it obviously works. Dust is not causing your fan to all of sudden only spin at 100'C.

After the first 15 answers people start giving you better advice. You could plug the CPU fan into the powersupply or into a chasis fan header on the motherboard to have it spin all the time. But you need a fan plugged into the CPU fan header so the motherboard detects it and doesn't freak out. I would plug it direct to the power supply so it runs 100% since the case fans might be programmed to not work 100% of the time...