Question PLEASE HELP im extremely frustrated and dont know what to do

Sep 28, 2018
So first off no matter what when i try and play Call of Duty Black Ops 3 the game does not perform well at all and seeing how much i spent on my pc i should be getting way more than 30-45 frames on max settings and even low settings and another thing is that for some reason whenever i restart my pc, almost every game i play is unplayable, even games like Stardew Valley have noticable frame drops, i have no idea how to fix this and its just random whenever its working.
I have an
Amd Ryzen 3 1200 (OC to 3.5 Ghz)
A GTX 1060 6GB
16 GB of DDR4-2133

Sep 28, 2018
So first off no matter what when i try and play Call of Duty Black Ops 3 the game does not perform well at all and seeing how much i spent on my pc i should be getting way more than 30-45 frames on max settings and even low settings and another thing is that for some reason whenever i restart my pc, almost every game i play is unplayable, even games like Stardew Valley have noticable frame drops, i have no idea how to fix this and its just random whenever its working, and in games like For Honor it will say im getting about 60-70 but it feels like im stuck between 20-30
I have an
Amd Ryzen 3 1200 (OC to 3.5 Ghz)
A GTX 1060 6GB
16 GB of DDR4-2133

Sep 28, 2018
cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?
make and model of the psu?
my cpu ingame is around 50 C
my gpu ingame is around 70 C

i have an EVGA 600 WATT PSU BRONZE

and something that i noticed in a game like for honor is that instead of a constant frame drop its fine for most of the game but will randomly drop to like 20 and practically freezing for like 1.5 seconds and will go back to normal

IT's your CPU which is bottlenecking, which is further bottlenecked by your very slow RAM. Ryzen CPU's need fast RAM to function properly, and 2666 MHz is the minimum you'd want. See if you can overclock the RAM to a higher speed, otherwise your only choice is to buy faster RAM. But first try overclocking your current RAM to at least 2666 MHz, see if it runs stable.

Sep 28, 2018
IT's your CPU which is bottlenecking, which is further bottlenecked by your very slow RAM. Ryzen CPU's need fast RAM to function properly, and 2666 MHz is the minimum you'd want. See if you can overclock the RAM to a higher speed, otherwise your only choice is to buy faster RAM. But first try overclocking your current RAM to at least 2666 MHz, see if it runs stable.
but i only recently started having this problem, my pc was running perfectly fine up until probably like 2 months ago

Can you mention your full system specs like this:
CPU: Ryzen 3 1200
Motherboard:
Memory: 16 GB DDR4-2133 - what brand? what is the model number?
Storage:
Video Card: GTX 1060 6 GB - what brand?
Case:
Power supply: not just the wattage, but the brand and model number as well

Sep 28, 2018
CPU: Ryzen 3 1200
Motherboard:b450 AORUS PRO WIFI
Memory: 16 GB DDR4-2133 - PNY Anarchy, (MD16GK2D4213315AB)
Storage: 120 GB Sandisk SSD, 1 TB Seagate HDD 7200RPM, 2 TB Seagate HDD 5400 RPM
Video Card: GTX 1060 6 GB -Gigabyte Windforce OC
Case: Phanteks P300 Eclipse
Power supply: EVGA 600 BQ (Bronze) (110-BQ-0600-K1)

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Check your BIOS and see if your RAM is in Single channel or Dual channel mode? This is something that can just randomly happen and make a huge impact on your FPS. If your in single channel then power down, remove the RAM modules and the CMOS battery then reinsert everything. From there explore overclocking your RAM, if you have good compatibility with the RAM and Motherboard you should hit 2666 fairly easy.

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
Have you considered that it may be time for a fresh/clean installation of your OS.
I personally do a clean install once a year just to clean up all the clutter that accumulates when installing and uninstalling apps, games, drivers, etc. over the course of a year.
And it is always nice to have a system that performs like new after a clean install.

Sep 28, 2018
Check your BIOS and see if your RAM is in Single channel or Dual channel mode? This is something that can just randomly happen and make a huge impact on your FPS. If your in single channel then power down, remove the RAM modules and the CMOS battery then reinsert everything. From there explore overclocking your RAM, if you have good compatibility with the RAM and Motherboard you should hit 2666 fairly easy.
i did make sure my ram is in dual channel and it didnt help, im trying to OC my ram but its not letting me? it says in the bios its at 2666 but i look in task manager and it says its still 2133

The battlefield series is cpu demanding so i might expect lower gpu usage if the cpu maxes out.
Pay no attention to the above post. Almost every thing said here is wrong. Im not sure if this is a sad troll atempt or not.

Understand that ryzens infinity fabric runs at 1/2 of the ram speed meaning the cpus communication is essentially slowed to a craw when 2133 is used.
A GTX 1060 is certainly not enough for 4k 60 in most newer games, especially not maxed out.

Telling you you can play any game 60fps using a quad core from 2008 is so wrong. Newer games like apex legends wont even start on a core 2 quad based system since they are too old and dons support modern instructions.

The op wants to know how to fix his pc and he doesnt need told his pc is 7x the power of an xbox (which isnt correct anyhow) but if a windows reinstall doesnt help he should buy an Xbox. Why did i waste my time reading all of this.

On a real note, download the media creation tool from microsoft and reinstall windows using a usb stick.

<Moderator edit to remove quote of removed content>

Last edited by a moderator: