Question Please help - - - I'm getting what looks like artifacts in Spider-Man ?

May 25, 2022
only 1 game having issue?
I don t think so , this is the first game that had it this bad but i notice a few weird things in other games and for example if i am in a game and i press alt tab my second monitor goes black and my main flashes green , i am trying to figure it out because
if I send it under warranty and it has nothing, I have to pay for the inspection , example

Last edited:
May 25, 2022
test with 1 monitor
brand and model of the psu?
gpu temp during the game?

The green screen didn't appear with one screen
My power supply is Corsair CX Series CX650M 80+ Bronze
Temps in Deathly Stillness around 88 max average 75 , in Spider-Man average 70 without vsync with vsync they are way lower in both games i mostly play with vsync in all my games because of screen tearing ,in the spider-man video i had vsync on .

What OS are you running and what build version? The main issues listed on PCGamingWIki with the game is SMT and HT needs to be disabled on AMD and Intel CPUs with more than 6 cores. Since yours has only 6 cores, it could possibly be due to a W10 version older than 1909.

I'm doubting it's either since most people are updated well beyond that version of W10. Did you use DDU in Safe Mode btw? AMD driver installs can be tricky, and they have been known to have a bad installer, so maybe try reinstalling it again. Also, the driver rgd1101 suggested IS the one for Spider-Man Remastered.
https://overclock3d.net/news/gpu_di...s_are_here_and_they_re_ready_for_spider-man/1

It could just be you got a bad install when you tried 22.8.1. Like I said, you have to be patient with AMD GPU driver installs. The rule of thumb is, if you KNOW it's the driver release for the game you're playing, be prepared to give it at least 3 tries installing it if necessary, or look for a workaround if you still have problems after that.

It's not the game though, I'm running it on a 8700K 6 core Intel CPU on a W10 version that is well past 1909, but not the latest, with a GTX 1080 SC and 16 GB RAM, and am having no such problems. I've only had an audio bug and terminal hack bug, both of which are common regardless of hardware or control device used, but easily worked around. I'm also about 3/4 way through the game so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexIoan
Which GPU do you have?
As stated in my sig, I have an EVGA GTX 1080 SC. I spent plenty of years on ATI/AMD GPUs. In fact before I switched back to Nvidia, I'd spent more years on team red product. It got to the point where I had to search forums like Rage3D to see if there were any workarounds for the driver problems I was having. Way back when they had Catalyst drivers, it was version 5.7 I think that made all Medal of Honor titles stop working. A guy on Rage3D figured out if you extract the OpenAl audio driver into the game directory, the games would then work. I called ATI's headquarters in Canada to let them know this. Instead of a thank you he was oblivious to the problem, and insisted the issue was happening because people didn't know how to install their drivers.

A whole three months later ATI put in their driver release notes at that time that they had discovered a problem with MoH titles not working (even though it was really me that 3 months prior TOLD them). A month later I checked back and they STILL hadn't come out with a fix for it. This was a wake up call for me that made me realize I needed to switch to Nvidia. The only problems in the last several years I've had with Nvidia is once in a while there will be a slight graphical glitch with ShadowPlay captures that are maybe at most 1 second long. I've had zero graphical problems in game while playing though.

A guy named Angel Trinidad used to release modified, streamlined ATI drivers, which he called Omega drivers. He said their stock drivers were known to have very bad installers and lots of unnecessary bloat. One of the worst driver problems AMD had recently was the ones for the 5700 XT. It took them 7 months to finally fix it. That kind of "support", if you can call it that, is unacceptable to most avid gamers.

Players that insist on Intel and Nvidia product are often labeled as elitists. I like to think of us as realists. As always in life, you get what you pay for. I've been down the bang for buck road and have seen it's pitfalls. Anymore, reliability, efficiency, and practicality take precedence for me over saving a few bucks. Life is too short to be fixing a lazy driver team's problems, and their smug denial and cockiness is even more insulting.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexIoan