[SOLVED] please help, im having a wierd problem after upgrading RAM

ismmostaar1

Prominent
May 28, 2018
i have 6GB ddr3 1333mhz, 3x2GB ,two rams are samsung and the other is kingston and they all worked great for the past two years

Yesterday i added another 2GB, it was samsung so now i have 3 samsung rams and one kingston
after installing it everythink was normal and cpuz said i have 8GBs.

Then i started to have this very wierd problem when softwares keeps poping up and opening
for example when i open an mp3 file the player keeps opening hundreds of mp3s until the pc freezes.
Also when im writing a topic like this one , the enter button keeps pressing it self for no reason

The biggest problem now is even i have removed this extra ram and using only my old 6GB rams i still have this problem and it wont go away.

I don't know if the extra ram was bad and affected the others or some like that, could the motherboard be affected?

Now please help me i only want my pc back! i use it for school, my desktop is dell optiplex 980 sff
thank you so much

Dec 3, 2019
as moderator said Adding more RAM may have had nothing to do with it. It could be issue with your keyboard.

Disconnect your keyboard and try launching a software and check if problem persist.

If it still persist, try cleaning your pc with adwcleaner, then malewarebytes (free) and then some good antivirus program.
use trial versions of a good antivirus if you don't already have antivirus.

Reactions: ismmostaar1

512-Bit

Upstanding
Apr 17, 2019
the RAM you added is not the issue. Please explain the issue with the undesired operations in more detail so I can better assist you...

also, call the ghostbusters on that shit, I think your PC is being possessed...

Dec 3, 2019
as moderator said Adding more RAM may have had nothing to do with it. It could be issue with your keyboard.

Disconnect your keyboard and try launching a software and check if problem persist.

If it still persist, try cleaning your pc with adwcleaner, then malewarebytes (free) and then some good antivirus program.

ismmostaar1

Prominent
May 28, 2018

You were right, it was the keyboard i Disconnected it and the isue is now gone
also i did full scans as moderator suggest so thanks so much to all of you.

Reactions: carleoneveto

ASK THE COMMUNITY