Jan 14, 2019
heres my setup. I'm having high power consumption, when playing playing before I had a i3 8100 never had this problem. now every app Chrome, fortnite, etc it will say high usages in memory, disk, or cpu. makes monitor go black for few seconds. Ive done the anitmal ware thing didnt work. not sure how to fix this. I like working on my own equipment that's why. Black screen only happens during playing games only.
Case: v200r themlatake
Cpu: i5 9600k
GPU: RX 580 8gb Black edition.
PSU: Evga 600 white plus 80+
Ram: both corsair 32gb 4 sticks 2 of them are 2400mhz other two are 3000mhz
Fans: 6 fans 3 only rgb from case. and two fans on cooler/radiator
Cpu cooler: H100i Pro
monitor: 27 inch acer curved
Led:light 6' green.
Motherboard: H370 D3H Gigabtye

Solution
No, your PSU won't limit the performance of your GPU like that. Your PSU could fault/fail and burn up and/or take out some major components with it. The EVGA White series is the worst EVGA makes and is NOT considered gaming quality.

Task manager isn't the best way to check GPU usage. Use MSI Afterburner's in-game monitoring to see GPU usage. You should be using 100% of your RX 580 at least most of the time.

This is what is should look like.

For one you've got mismatched RAM, which can cause problems. Not sure what you need 32GB of RAM for, but it isn't gaming. You would do better to sell 16GB of it and buy a better quality power supply.

Have you updated your motherboard's bios to accomodate the new 9th-gen CPU?

Jan 14, 2019
They are both LPX brand corsair. but I didn't know the speeds of them would interfere with this? when I look up the specs they say my power supply is fine but its on my end. everything was working fime before I got the i5 9600k and yes I did update my bios before installing the i5 9th gen.

Jan 14, 2019
For one you've got mismatched RAM, which can cause problems. Not sure what you need 32GB of RAM for, but it isn't gaming. You would do better to sell 16GB of it and buy a better quality power supply.

I also stream and game basically. if that helps. streamlabs

Jan 14, 2019

Does my PSU Have anything to due with keeping my graphics card from getting good speed in a way? in task it shows GPU at 45% when playing fortnite or so and will start to make a noise on my graphics card but if I lower my settings it goes away for a bit. Im thinking its my GPU or PSU but I'm not PC tech savy.

No, your PSU won't limit the performance of your GPU like that. Your PSU could fault/fail and burn up and/or take out some major components with it. The EVGA White series is the worst EVGA makes and is NOT considered gaming quality.

Task manager isn't the best way to check GPU usage. Use MSI Afterburner's in-game monitoring to see GPU usage. You should be using 100% of your RX 580 at least most of the time.

This is what is should look like.

Solution

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
As MrN1ce9uy says - first remove the mismatched RAM. Not only are you effectively limiting your higher performance RAM, but mismatched RAM can lead to massive instability. For them to not be mismatched, they have to quite literally be from the same module pack. Corsair LPX from one pack, mixed with LPX from another pack are still technically mismatched RAM, and can lead to instability.

Then after that, look at your component usage using a more advanced monitoring software, and look at individual cores, not just overall usage of components if you do.

Then we can look at other components.