Please help im scared!

Nov 2, 2018
Hey guys so i just built a new pc for the second time i thought it went well but then when i have gone to turn it on nothing pops up on my monitor i habe tried multiple monitors and cables nothing the gpu lights up and the cpu fans spin rgb go on etc etc butnothing pops up on my screen im very scared and i dont know what i should do

Solution
You should put it all back in the box, and send it back with a note saying I am not qualified to do this so I'm returning it.

Nah, I'm just kidding you. What you SHOULD do is turn it off and check EVERYTHING listed at the following link, including possibly removing the CPU to make sure you didn't bent any pins on the CPU (For AMD platforms) or the motherboard (For Intel platforms, by an improper installation of the CPU.

Also, make sure you're connecting the monitor cable to your GPU card and not the motherboard video outputs.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Don't ASSUME something is right either. TRIPLE check EVERY item mentioned to be SURE. Unplug and re-seat all cables...
You should put it all back in the box, and send it back with a note saying I am not qualified to do this so I'm returning it.

Nah, I'm just kidding you. What you SHOULD do is turn it off and check EVERYTHING listed at the following link, including possibly removing the CPU to make sure you didn't bent any pins on the CPU (For AMD platforms) or the motherboard (For Intel platforms, by an improper installation of the CPU.

Also, make sure you're connecting the monitor cable to your GPU card and not the motherboard video outputs.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Don't ASSUME something is right either. TRIPLE check EVERY item mentioned to be SURE. Unplug and re-seat all cables and memory, and the graphics card as well.

Solution
Nov 2, 2018
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X Processor
Western Digital WD Blue 1TB WD10EZEX
Microsoft Windows 10 Home 32bit/64bit USB Drive
Corsair Hydro Series H100i 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler
Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2A2133C13 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 Black
Phanteks Eclipse P400S Closed Glacier White
Kingston A400 2.5in SATA SSD 240GB
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming 8GB
ASUS Prime X399-A Motherboard
Corsair VS550 550W Power Supply

Those are all my parts i hope that helps im going to take it all apart tomorrow but i already applied the thermal paste to the cpu

You won't damage anything, but when it comes time to put it back together you will need to clean off all the thermal paste using isopropyl alcohol and clean lint free cloths, and then apply fresh paste.

And running a 1070 ti on a Corsair VS power supply, is not only a really unbalanced configuration/pairing, that is otherwise pretty good, it's also a really bad idea. I wouldn't even be surprised if it was part of your problem.

Perhaps not, but it's still a pretty low quality power supply. Not just for your build, which it REALLY is considering the quality of the rest of your parts, but for ANY build that PSU would be pretty much very low end.

A CX750 would be much better, for what it's worth, than pretty much any capacity of VS series power supply. Is your CX unit a gray or green label unit?

Fixing bent pins is a very precarious proposition. If there are minimal bent pins and they are not badly bent, then maybe. I've seen plenty of them fixed and have fixed quite a few myself, but I've also seen a great many break and on occasions where the pins were pretty well bent, have broken them off myself. It's not for the faint of heart nor is it generally successful if they are bent more than about 45°.

There are threads with advice on how to straighten bent pins but I'm not going to advise anybody to try it. If you are uncertain and if you DO have bent pins, you'd be a lot better off taking it to somebody who knows what they are doing and even then, there is no guarantee.

You don't even have to break the pin itself, in many cases you might simply break the solder point inside the cpu that connects the pin to the internal architecture, and then it's just as completely ruined as if the pin had broken.

Plus, EVEN IF you are successful, there is also no guarantee that while it was powered on with bent pins that the CPU or motherboard, or something else, was not damaged by a shorted connection, although if it was you probably won't make things any worse if you are able to straighten the pins well enough that it easily fits in the socket without having to use any force.

Nov 2, 2018
Its a green labelled unit :)

I checked the pins they are all good. Im going to just take it in to a pc shop they said itd only be 45 to go through and fix it but thank you so much for your help really helped me

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts