[SOLVED] PLEASE HELP - I'm stumped and desperate need of help. New 3060ti and CPU only running at 30% getting low FPS

Dec 14, 2020
I just upgraded from an MSI 1660 Super to an MSI 3060ti.

Soon as I fire up Cyberpunk and some other games to benchmark, both my CPU and GPU is not working to their full potential and is only running at 30% usage, so I don't think this is a bottleneck. I am getting the same FPS at Ultra Settings/RTX On and on low settings, since they're both running at only 30%.

GPU: Upgraded from an MSI 1660 Super to an MSI 3060ti
CPU: Ryzen 5 3400G
RAM: 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro - 3000Mhz
MOBO: MSI X570 A-Pro
PSU: Cooler Master MasterWatt 650w Bronze TUF Gaming Edition

I already updated to the latest BIOS, GPU Drivers are updated from NVIDIA, PCIE Gen Switch is already set to Gen 4. However I did not use DDU Uninstaller too uninstall the 1660s drivers, just uninstalled all NVIDIA programs from control panel.

itsallpoo

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2014
Just my opinion but i think current tech is past 650 W ps I won't go below 750 anymore at all. I'm struggling with frame rates on something now myself so many little things to check in lots of places. Be sure windows knows the proper hz for your monitor you may need to set run as administrator on the game executable and play with the high dpi settings also found on that menu.

I have heard some news about the game cyberpunk having terrible issues with amd ryzen processors and there are certain fixes available which may help... Maybe that can be the issue u have and may wait for the latest fixes... try running GPU stress test and see the gpu usage... if it was a gpu or psu problems, ur system wud just shut down or crash... but i dont think its an issue with the psu...

Dec 14, 2020
Just my opinion but i think current tech is past 650 W ps I won't go below 750 anymore at all. I'm struggling with frame rates on something now myself so many little things to check in lots of places. Be sure windows knows the proper hz for your monitor you may need to set run as administrator on the game executable and play with the high dpi settings also found on that menu.

Already set the hz for windows at 144hz same with my monitor man, will try that man. But I'm not really familiar with setting up the game executable

Dec 14, 2020
I have heard some news about the game cyberpunk having terrible issues with amd ryzen processors and there are certain fixes available which may help... Maybe that can be the issue u have and may wait for the latest fixes... try running GPU stress test and see the gpu usage... if it was a gpu or psu problems, ur system wud just shut down or crash... but i dont think its an issue with the psu...

I'm getting the same thing with GTA V. Everything on ultra and both CPU and GPU is only working up to 30-40% and getting around 70-100 FPS.

I'm trying to figure out why both my CPU and GPU is only working up to 30-40%, do you think it could be an issue with my PSU since it's only 650w bronze? Or should I run DDU first?

I'm getting the same thing with GTA V. Everything on ultra and both CPU and GPU is only working up to 30-40% and getting around 70-100 FPS.

I'm trying to figure out why both my CPU and GPU is only working up to 30-40%, do you think it could be an issue with my PSU since it's only 650w bronze? Or should I run DDU first?
In that case, u shud use DDU in safe mode first and get rid of the drivers and reinstall... or just do a clean installation of windows 10...

Dec 14, 2020
In that case, u shud use DDU in safe mode first and get rid of the drivers and reinstall... or just do a clean installation of windows 10...

Thanks, can DDU only be used in safe mode? Having trouble singing in safe mode since windows does not accept my password there