Specs:
MOB- TUF Gaming X570-PLUS
CPU- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
GPU- GeForce RTX 3060
PSU- Corsair CX550M
Ram- 2 16GB DDR4 3200 Gskill TridentZ
SSD- 1 TB SanDisk Ultra 3D NVMe
Monitor- ASUS TUF Gaming VG249Q 144hz

Let me start by saying I am still pretty new to PC and I'm learning as I go. I would like to thank everyone in advance for their help/ knowledge. This is my second PC build (rebuild).

After trying all recommendations found online, changing all graphic settings to low, and updating/ reinstalling all drivers, I figured there was surely a hardware issue with my first PC. I was using a MSI B450 MOB, Radeon RX 570 GPU, and 256 GB HP m.2 drive. I was recently put in a financial situation where I could afford to upgrade my setup to what I currently have now. I was almost certain my issue was the old outdated Radeon RX 570... sadly that wasn't true and the gaming problems still occur. I'm exhausted and just want to enjoy gaming with my buddies.

Attached is a clip of what I'm experiencing. You can see the first lag occur 5 seconds in.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pccB6HevD9s

Any suggestions?

Solution
I see no issues there. The only other thing that bothers me a little is the PSU which is not great but I can't seeing it being able to lag your games. It's better to swap it with a better one though, sooner rather than later.

I don't have any other idea of what the fault is since you ruled out internet which is my prime suspect. Maybe try DDU in safe mode but I don't have my hopes high.
How To - How to perform a CLEAN install of your video card drivers. | Tom's Hardware Forum

After that, windows clean install as a last resort from the software side. Now for hardware, certainly the low IPC of 2nd gen Ryzen will have an impact in performance but can't see why...
All online fps shooter games are almost exclusively CPU bound. Since I have played some I can tell you that you need a better CPU than yours for some (especially warzone).

The lag I saw it's either from your internet connection, or from your CPU. That's my guess.

How are your temps of CPU and GPU idle and while gaming?
Did you do a clean windows installation after the new motherboard?
Do you have the latest bios, chipset drivers, windows updates?

Run userbenchmark and post the link to the results here.

Jan 17, 2022
All online fps shooter games are almost exclusively CPU bound. Since I have played some I can tell you that you need a better CPU than yours for some (especially warzone).

The lag I saw it's either from your internet connection, or from your CPU. That's my guess.

How are your temps of CPU and GPU idle and while gaming?
Did you do a clean windows installation after the new motherboard?
Do you have the latest bios, chipset drivers, windows updates?

Run userbenchmark and post the link to the results here.

Thanks for the quick reply.

1. I can rule out internet connection as Apex runs fine and smooth on my old PS4.
  2. I did a clean windows install on the new motherboard, as well as updated to the latest bios, drivers, and windows updates.

Idle Temps:
CPU- 32 C
GPU- 40 C

CPU benchmark using Cinebench R23:
9786 score (multi core)
Temp- 66 C
Peak Speed- 3.875 GHz (if that helps)

GPU benchmark using UNIGINE Superposition 1080p High:
11236 score (pretty terrible compared to other 3060's)
Min FPS- 68
Max FPS- 112
Average FPS- 84
GPU max temp- 76 C
GPU Utilization- 99%

Let me know if you want any more info

Thanks for the quick reply.

1. I can rule out internet connection as Apex runs fine and smooth on my old PS4.
  2. I did a clean windows install on the new motherboard, as well as updated to the latest bios, drivers, and windows updates.
Idle Temps:
CPU- 32 C
GPU- 40 C

CPU benchmark using Cinebench R23:
9786 score (multi core)
Temp- 66 C
Peak Speed- 3.875 GHz (if that helps)

GPU benchmark using UNIGINE Superposition 1080p High:
11236 score (pretty terrible compared to other 3060's)
Min FPS- 68
Max FPS- 112
Average FPS- 84
GPU max temp- 76 C
GPU Utilization- 99%

Let me know if you want any more info
I was asking about UserBenchmark which helps identifying issues. It's better if you run it after restarting the PC and let it sit idle for 5 mins, with everything else closed.

Your CPU should boost up to 4.3GHz so the 3.875GHz is a bit low, something is up.

Check your system for malware with Malwarebytes.

Jan 17, 2022
I was asking about UserBenchmark which helps identifying issues. It's better if you run it after restarting the PC and let it sit idle for 5 mins, with everything else closed.

Your CPU should boost up to 4.3GHz so the 3.875GHz is a bit low, something is up.

Check your system for malware with Malwarebytes.
No malware was detected in the report

UserBenchmarks: Game 85%, Desk 91%, Work 86%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X - 85.3%
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 - 93.6%
SSD: Sandisk Ultra 3D NVMe 1TB - 189.4%
RAM: G.SKILL F4 DDR4 3200 C16 2x16GB - 109.9%
MBD: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)

I see no issues there. The only other thing that bothers me a little is the PSU which is not great but I can't seeing it being able to lag your games. It's better to swap it with a better one though, sooner rather than later.

I don't have any other idea of what the fault is since you ruled out internet which is my prime suspect. Maybe try DDU in safe mode but I don't have my hopes high.
How To - How to perform a CLEAN install of your video card drivers. | Tom's Hardware Forum

After that, windows clean install as a last resort from the software side. Now for hardware, certainly the low IPC of 2nd gen Ryzen will have an impact in performance but can't see why it will lag.

Try the DDU and see if you still have an issue, other than that, wait for someone else to chime in.

Solution
Jan 17, 2022

After that, windows clean install as a last resort from the software side. Now for hardware, certainly the low IPC of 2nd gen Ryzen will have an impact in performance but can't see why it will lag.

Try the DDU and see if you still have an issue, other than that, wait for someone else to chime in.
Ill give it a shot, after viewing the benchmark, do you think upgrading to something like a Ryzen 5 5600x would make any difference? Regardless, seriously thanks for all your help. (y)