Question Please HELP!? is my 3050 compatible with my cpu&mobo

Jul 15, 2022
Hi everyone hope you help me out on my problem
i have igame 3050 Ultra White 8GB and it doesnt post. keyboard LED(Caps lock) is getting stuck after Few sec. getting no display, but when im switching to my old GPU it boots/post just fine(RX 560)

already updated bios still wont post/boot

already checked the gpu to other PC gpu is working fine

SPEC
RYZEN 3 3100
A650F MSI 80PLUS GOLD
ASROCK B450M STEEL LEGEND
16GB TRIDENT NEO

DaronMal

Distinguished
According to the Colorful site (GPU manufacturer,) it says they want a 550w PSU or above and the PSU you have currently only does 650w. It might be a hunch, but it was my first thought, that the PSU isn't big enough to handle it. You said you tested the 3050 on another PC, what's the PSU for that PC?

When a PC boots, it's basically at max everything, loading all your startup items, all the Windows crap, etc. It's not unrealistic that a GPU could be under a decent load with just booting the PC, and the 3000 series is notable for having power spikes under load. It's not a guarantee but it's not unusual if this is what's going on in your case.

Jul 15, 2022
According to the Colorful site (GPU manufacturer,) it says they want a 550w PSU or above and the PSU you have currently only does 650w. It might be a hunch, but it was my first thought, that the PSU isn't big enough to handle it. You said you tested the 3050 on another PC, what's the PSU for that PC?

When a PC boots, it's basically at max everything, loading all your startup items, all the Windows crap, etc. It's not unrealistic that a GPU could be under a decent load with just booting the PC, and the 3000 series is notable for having power spikes under load. It's not a guarantee but it's not unusual if this is what's going on in your case.

The PC that i have tested only have 620 watts.
the problem is kinda weird.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Cpu is fine. Psu is more than plenty. Bios update is kosher, sometimes it's necessary for 'newer' equipment compatibility.

What's not being mentioned is drivers. Nvidia hates AMD. No ifs, ands or butts about that, so dropping in an nvidia card as primary gpu, when you have AMD drivers/software loaded for the RX 560, we'll that doesn't always work out well.

Goto nvidia.com and download and save the drivers specific to the card. Then Goto guru3d.com and get the Driver Deleter Utility (DDU) and follow the instructions for safe mode removal. When that's done, then install the previously downloaded and saved nvidia drivers. Shutdown, swap to the nvidia card. Then you can install the nvidia geforce experience software if you wish to.

Fares_gmr

Prominent
Dec 28, 2020
I had a similar issue with the same card, It couldnt boot until I installed drivers via iGPU and even after doing that it skipped bios and I didn't get a disaply until I was in Windows

Since you don't have integrated graphics you probably cant replicate that unless you get another nvidia gpu (or try installing both gpus since you have another x16 slot but make the rx 560 the one thats connected to the display)

Also, what completely fixed it for me and let me into bios was changing my HDMI to VGA converter as it somehow only worked when I had GPU drivers (I tried uninstalling them and after a reboot lost signal till I made a friend reinstall the drivers for me via anydesk, it was painful to click the accept button without seeing anything)