Question PLEASE HELP: Laptop won't turn on.

aarono123

Commendable
Jul 14, 2019
I wanted to upgrade my laptop by putting an SSD in. I couldn't open the tray of the laptop all the way, though I tried and It just wouldn't come off. I took out the battery and removed every screw. I put my battery back in and it won't turn on. I plugged in the charger and the LED turns on, just white like normal, but it doesn't turn on. I did leave the laptop unplugged all night. HELP

aarono123

Commendable
Jul 14, 2019
Is it possible you accidentally disconnected the HDD when you tried to open the tray?
No, it was in it's drive plugged and screwed into it's drove bay. Didn't move when I tried opening it. I did take the optical drive out and plugged it in when I tried to open it, but I don't know if it has anything to do with that right?

My guess is something was knocked loose or disconnected when you tried to open up the laptop. You may as well try again to remove the bottom, just to check everything out. Try searching on YouTube or Google for step by step instructions on how to open the bottom of your laptop model.

aarono123

Commendable
Jul 14, 2019
My guess is something was knocked loose or disconnected when you tried to open up the laptop. You may as well try again to remove the bottom, just to check everything out. Try searching on YouTube or Google for step by step instructions on how to open the bottom of your laptop model.
Works fine now. Guess just cause battery died