Please help! Looking for an expert opinion

G

I'm an old guy, (40). This is my first build. It's my "dream computer" :love: . I'm only a light gamer. Mostly everyday stuff, but will do some HD editing for home use and multi track recording.
I know this system may be overkill, but I have a nice size budget, and figure more is better than less. My theory is it shouldn't get outdated as fast, and I will always be happy with it's performance.

Please review this list and let me know if you see something really wrong with my direction.

Thanks!
Case: Lian Li PC-7FN
Mobo: Asus P6X58D-E
CPU: i7 980X
Cool: Noctua NH-U12DX
GPU: Sapphire Vapor-x 5870
HDD: Seagate Bar. XT ST32000641AS (2T)
SDD: Crucial C300 CTFDDAC064MAG (for fast boots)
RAM: Patriot Viper II sec 7 12GB
Card Reader: HP AR941AA
BR Burner: HP bd340i

I'm only a light gamer.My theory is it shouldn't get outdated as fast, and I will always be happy with it's performance.

Well at one time peeps paid USD $800++ for an 8800 Ultra and who could forget the initial launch prices of those Socket 939 dual cores back in the day? We now know how fast those became outdated at the rate tech moves so buy as per needs is always the wisest option for me hehe

G

Very true. I'm not opposed to lowering my CPU pick, I just thought that more and more programs would take advantage of the 6 core. I thought it may help in audio latency in mutitrack recording too. That, and multi tasking using several programs is supposed to be quicker. I HATE waiting for my computer to do something.

I should have also mentioned, that most of these components i picked were well rated for lower noise. I'm not a fan, (excuse the pun) of a noisy computer.

TRENDING THREADS