Please Help, Lost Valuable PC Files...

Gummyitalian

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013
Ok, so basically, I decided to do a system restore to a fairly recent date because my pc was running slow. I restored my computer and after the restore i come back to my PC and realize that it completely deleted my separate drive i named B:. So right now it seems like it restored my C: drive, or my SSD where i keep my windows OS, but completely discarded the drive i use for Steam, etc. Does anyone know how to get this drive back or will i have to set it up again and lose all of the data i had stored on it...

Looks like it might have just removed the drive letter.

Right click on Computer and then click on Manage

From here Click on storage towards the bottom

You will probably see your SSD (C drive) and then another drive below it that doesn't have a drive letter. It should have a blue bar across the top. If its black then we have an issue, but if its blue Right click on it and then Change Drive Letter. Then click Add, then select your B, and ok out of everything

Gummyitalian

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013

I checked there and found nothing and i also found nothing in Bios, is it possible that it got damaged? Thanks for answering btw...

Gummyitalian

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013

Well i just found out the culprit, While moving my pc around i guess i bumped out the power connector to my hard drive. I fixed that and now I'm all good. My PC is actually a lot faster now that i restored my SSD. I think my problem with the slowness was various power outages screwing with my system. Thanks for your help anyway! :)