[SOLVED] Please Help me choosing my new board for a Ryzen build

pv2112

Commendable
Apr 22, 2018
Hi to everyone.
Finally, after almost 13 years I will be replacing my old but still capable HP DX2400 (my GTX 660 died and buying an used gpu is not an option). I was planing a build with a Ryzen processor (for now I will use a Ryzen 3 3100 [$ 145 USD] and a GTX1660 Super [$320 USD), After a research, I find two new gen Ryzen mobos, the first option is an ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) and the other one is a ASUS ROG STRIX GAMING B550-F. Wich one do you consider is a best choice for a long term use considering that they cost almos the same in my country ($ 261 USD for the TUF and $270 USD for the ROG Strix)

Things to consider:
  • Im a casual gamer (maybe 5 to 8 hours a week)
  • Main PC usage is for work and HTPC
  • This PC is intended to be used for almost 6 to 8 years.
  • In my country, PC parts and components are very expensive (for example ~520 US dollars for a new 2060 no SUPER nor TI & 130 US dollars for an used GTX 660)
  • Buying from USA (Amazon for example) is a no go since import rates and taxes are high.

Thanks

Solution
... After a research, I find two new gen Ryzen mobos, the first option is an ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) and the other one is a ASUS ROG STRIX GAMING B550-F. Wich one do you consider is a best choice for a long term use considering that they cost almos the same in my country ($ 261 USD for the TUF and $270 USD for the ROG Strix)
There's no forsee-able use for all the PCIe bandwidth the X570 board has (in terms of gen 4 expansion slots) so there's no practical difference between them for long-term useability. The B550 has the one gen 4 slot for a GPU and one for a system NVMe. That's all that's needed and even then considered superfluous by many.

If cost is the same look at features you find compelling; Wi-Fi for...
... After a research, I find two new gen Ryzen mobos, the first option is an ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) and the other one is a ASUS ROG STRIX GAMING B550-F. Wich one do you consider is a best choice for a long term use considering that they cost almos the same in my country ($ 261 USD for the TUF and $270 USD for the ROG Strix)
There's no forsee-able use for all the PCIe bandwidth the X570 board has (in terms of gen 4 expansion slots) so there's no practical difference between them for long-term useability. The B550 has the one gen 4 slot for a GPU and one for a system NVMe. That's all that's needed and even then considered superfluous by many.

If cost is the same look at features you find compelling; Wi-Fi for instance or even aesthetics.

Solution