Question Please help me chose the right Ruckus APs...

Mar 25, 2020
I need 4 or 5 Ruckus APs to complete my network overhaul project.

Having asked a bunch of questions on this forum, I have decided to replace my 5 year old APs as some are unreliable and also I am adding a Ruckus ZD 1200 to the network. I want Ruckus APs as I have in the past found that using the same manufacturer works more reliably. My budget is USD500-1000 per AP.

My criteria:
  • At least one additional Ethernet socket on the AP as in certain places I am short of Ethernet sockets.
  • Two of my existing APs have long range antenna as I have found that this is the only solution to reaching my external wireless security cams. I would ideally like APs that are great for long range, which means they probably need to come with large antenna or be able to accommodate these if I buy separately.
  • I will use regular Ethernet connectors and plug in to a regular power socket, My Ethernet switch doesn't support PoE.
  • The APs shouldn't be too bulky/ugly as one or two will be visible and I don't want my wife to complain.
  • Prefer current models to something that is out of production.

I am baffled by the huge range of Ruckus APs and would really appreciate some guidance here.

Mar 25, 2020
I've been looking at the R710 which I think works with the ZD1200. Just worried that this doesn't have long range antenna and wont get the distance of a router with long range antenna. I guess I can use out door repeaters if this happens.