[SOLVED] Please help me confirm if my voltages are OK

Oct 9, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have been having some stability issues with my PC and would like to please ask for some guidance,
Long story short: I have been getting critical error 41 in Microsoft event viewer, and I suspect it may be related to my motherboard, specifically the XMP profiles and Asus multicore enhancement because CPU and RAM stress tests such as Prime 95 large FFT, P95 Small FFT for one hour each don't report any issues.

I got critical error 41 on numerous occasions using various BIOS settings, for example:
critical error when using XMP I (Asus optimised DIMM settings), and XMP 3603 profile, and Asus multi core enhancement turned off.
critical error with XMP II (Complete default DIMM settings), with XMP 3603 and Asus multi core enhancement turned off.

I am currently running tests on my system using BIOS settings XMP I, with 3603 XMP profile, and Asus multi core enhancement set to Auto, could you guys please have a look at my CPU and RAM voltages under P95 Large FFT load to see if they are within acceptable values? I don't have much experience in this field.
VCCIO: 1.328V
System agent: 1.424V
VCORE: 1.234V

System specs:
CPU: I9-9900k , [non-OC].
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, With latest BIOS update (V.1602)
RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB HX440C19PB3AK2/16 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4, [XMP-3603], installed in slots A2 & B2 as per manual.
PSU: Corsair AX860 Platinum 860W.
GPU: none, currently monitor is connected to MOBO HDMI.

If they are within acceptable levels, should I keep them as they are? or should i RMA my motherboard?

Thanks in advance for your help everyone, I really appreciate it.

(side note: updating my BIOS to latest version seemed to increase my "last BIOS time from 5-6 seconds to 13-15 seconds, just thought i would add this in).

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2020
Thank you for the detailed response! I'll download tweakbit to make sure all my drivers are up to date like you've referenced. And since you've kindly confirmed my voltages are fine, if i update my drivers and still get the critical error, what would i do then? Sorry i'f i'm being frantic about this, but iv'e been getting the error for a few weeks now.

Thanks again for your help!

TRENDING THREADS