Question Please Help ME Decide on CPU

Oct 12, 2018
Hello, trying to decide between two cheaper laptops for some simple tasks. Web browsing, Facebook, lightweight programs like MS Office, and general clicking around not doing too much. Probably have about 3-4 things opened at once.

Laptop #1: Has 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD, and Celeron 4205U (Link Here)

Laptop #2: Has 8GB Ram, 128GB eMMC, and Pentium N4200 (Link Here)

So, which would you get? Excluding the HDD and RAM difference.....The Celeron is newer, only 2 cores and a higher base speed. On the other hand the Pentium is older, slower base speed but a much higher turbo speed, also 4 cores.

Thanks!

Nov 1, 2018
Hello, trying to decide between two cheaper laptops for some simple tasks. Web browsing, Facebook, lightweight programs like MS Office, and general clicking around not doing too much. Probably have about 3-4 things opened at once.

Laptop #1: Has 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD, and Celeron 4205U (Link Here)

Laptop #2: Has 8GB Ram, 128GB eMMC, and Pentium N4200 (Link Here)

So, which would you get? Excluding the HDD and RAM difference.....The Celeron is newer, only 2 cores and a higher base speed. On the other hand the Pentium is older, slower base speed but a much higher turbo speed, also 4 cores.

Thanks!
i have a pentium n4200 in my current laptop. Anything more demanding than web browsing, youtube or early 2000s games is a no-go

Reactions: techguy2018

ASK THE COMMUNITY