Please Help Me Figure This Out

Nov 4, 2018
So, I just got into PC gaming, but I am a complete noob when it comes to PC's themselves. A couple years back I bought a prebuilt PC, a Lenovo All-In-One Desktop. It came with a Lenovo Sharkbay motherboard and Intel Integrated graphics. I was planning on taking the motherboard, CPU, RAM, and PSU out and start making my own PC. I wanted to update the graphics card to a GTX 1050, but I don't know if I can because, as previously stated, the motherboard came with Intel Integrated Graphics. Please tell me if you think that I can or can't replace/add the GTX 1050.

Solution
The Sharkbay motherboard is not a standard ATX board that you can transplant to another case.

There is no PCIe slot, so no GPU. It runs from an external power brick, so no PSU.

It uses a socketted CPU and soDIMM memory.... so those are 'upgradeable' along with storage, but it's unlikely to be worth it.

Essentially, the AIO is like a laptop.

s-l1600.jpg

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
The Sharkbay motherboard is not a standard ATX board that you can transplant to another case.

There is no PCIe slot, so no GPU. It runs from an external power brick, so no PSU.

It uses a socketted CPU and soDIMM memory.... so those are 'upgradeable' along with storage, but it's unlikely to be worth it.

Essentially, the AIO is like a laptop.

s-l1600.jpg

Solution
Nov 4, 2018

Oh well. Do you know of any good prebuilt gaming PCs under 400$?