[SOLVED] Please help me figuring this RAM Kit

I bought this RAM KIT for my friend system which is a Ryzen 5 2600 with a B450 Gaming carbon AC.

https://www.amazon.ca/Corsair-CMK16...s=corsair+lpx+16gb+3200&qid=1581105011&sr=8-3

After looking at the QVL list I saw that this KIT (Ver 4.31 was on it). I read about that KIT that sometime you receive a 4.31 Samsung B-die RAM or a 5.32 which is not Samsung.

I received the KIT today and the RAM says Version 4.32. If I look at this version anywhere on google I have 0 information.

Am I to assume I received samgsung B-die RAM but that's a new version? I don't see 4.32 anywhere. The 4.32 of this KIT is not in the QVL list.

If I look at the Amazon reviews or Newegg reviews. No one received a 4.32.

Last edited:
Solution
Right. The system is not built yet and the RAM still in the package. I guess I will use Thaiphoon when the system is up and running. I guess I will find out soon enough :)

I though the RAM on the QVL was tested and was guaranteed to work with the XMP profile.

Thanks for the information. :)

X.M.P. is a profile with Intel optimized timings. Sometimes it works on AMD on the lower speed kits. You have about 50/50 chance with 3200CL16. More than likely you will have to manually tune.
You can see if Thaiphoon burner will read the ICs. Usually it can.

QVL is not important. What matters the most is the capability of your R5 2600's memory controller, secondly the IC quality of the DIMMs, and lastly the trace quality and topology of the DIMMs on the motherboard.

You can see if Thaiphoon burner will read the ICs. Usually it can.

QVL is not important. What matters the most is the capability of your R5 2600's memory controller, secondly the IC quality of the DIMMs, and lastly the trace quality and topology of the DIMMs on the motherboard.

Right. The system is not built yet and the RAM still in the package. I guess I will use Thaiphoon when the system is up and running. I guess I will find out soon enough :)

I though the RAM on the QVL was tested and was guaranteed to work with the XMP profile.

X.M.P. is a profile with Intel optimized timings. Sometimes it works on AMD on the lower speed kits. You have about 50/50 chance with 3200CL16. More than likely you will have to manually tune.

Solution

I'll let you know when I install them. I don't mind tuning them manually. Thanks again for the information.

To be quite honest I was just surprised that they were ver 4.32. I was not expecting that at all. It was supposed to be 4.31 or 5.32.

Later!

I'll let you know when I install them. I don't mind tuning them manually. Thanks again for the information.

To be quite honest I was just surprised that they were ver 4.32. I was not expecting that at all. It was supposed to be 4.31 or 5.32.

Later!

It depends on what ICs they have available. If they run out of a certain speed bin of hynix or whatever they could switch to micron or nanya or whatever they have in the warehouse that can meet the speed bin. This can be very annoying if you are trying to match 2 more sticks with your existing sticks.

Yeah manually tuning is daunting for most people, but that's where you can make sure you get all of the meat on the bone. There's a couple software programs out there that can calculate timings based on ICs, and they get you in the ballpark, but you can even go faster than that usually if you put in the effort.

It depends on what ICs they have available. If they run out of a certain speed bin of hynix or whatever they could switch to micron or nanya or whatever they have in the warehouse that can meet the speed bin. This can be very annoying if you are trying to match 2 more sticks with your existing sticks.

Yeah manually tuning is daunting for most people, but that's where you can make sure you get all of the meat on the bone. There's a couple software programs out there that can calculate timings based on ICs, and they get you in the ballpark, but you can even go faster than that usually if you put in the effort.

Hi Damric. Just giving you an update. I was lucky enough to get the v4.32 Samsung B-Die. The A-XMP profile 2 at 3200MHz with the ryzen 2600 and a B450 Gaming pro carbon ac board worked in one go without issues.

Been playing on the system for now 5 hours. Tried DOOM 2016. Everything is perfect. No issues in the build. I'm happy.

Later and thanks for the information. :)

Reactions: damric
Hi Damric. Just giving you an update. I was lucky enough to get the v4.32 Samsung B-Die. The A-XMP profile 2 at 3200MHz with the ryzen 2600 and a B450 Gaming pro carbon ac board worked in one go without issues.

Been playing on the system for now 5 hours. Tried DOOM 2016. Everything is perfect. No issues in the build. I'm happy.

Later and thanks for the information. :)

You can probably get them to 3600MT/s with some really tight latency like 14/14/14 ect... The B die scale very well with some added voltage. But of course, I understand if you don't want to be greedy and want to quit while you are ahead :D