Please help me find fingertip grip gaming mouse

LucasPiazon

Reputable
Jun 7, 2014
Hi, please can you help me find a gaming mouse to fit my niche requirements.

I have a mix between a claw and fingertip grip, I don't mind heavier mice as long as they're small.
I've tried the Logitech g500s which didn't fit my hand at all, and broke prematurely to be replaced with the Corsair M65, which was no better and also broke prematurely. Now I have an opportunity for a replacement with a £50 budget. Is it worth trying the Logitech g502, is it's shape different to the the g500s? Anyway, here are some of my specific requirements I'm looking for:

- Narrow in the middle
- Not too long
- Not too big arch in the center
- Crucially, the mouse's rear mustn't dip too far too early, rather staying high to meet the base of my pinky finger, an important point of contact.
- A more clicky, chunky scroll wheel
- Doesn't need fancy software or high DPI
- At least one extra programmable button.

I've considered these mice:
- Zowie Gear FK
- Zowie Gear ZA12/13
- SteelSeries Kinzu v3
- Logitech G502 Proteus Core
- Razer Abyssus
- CM Xornet

Please respond and help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

LucasPiazon

Reputable
Jun 7, 2014

Thanks, the g303 looks perfect in all aspects except for a scroll wheel that is far too smooth. Unfortunately this is a deal breaker for me. Are there any other mice that are similar, maybe slightly smaller with a chunkier scroll wheel?

VampireDuck

Reputable
Jul 5, 2015
I just got the CM storm xornet II at christmas and after using a mouse that I could not find any which where the same size or smaller (I would give a reference to the mouse, but I can't find the company it is made by) I decided to go with the xornet.

It is still a nice feeling mouse, however I do have to put a larger area of my fingers onto the mouse but can still fingertip it.

+The grips on the side are nice and do prevent quite a lot of slipping.
+Chunky scroll wheel.
+7 programmable buttons including the DPI buttons on the top.
+A gentle slope, does not force you to palm or claw (however this mouse may be better suited to claw grippers).
+A place to put your fourth finger which I found quite comfortable after having a cheap mouse.
+Well placed side buttons to use with your thumb.
+Fairly light when compared to other gaming mice (I got 84g without the cable but my previous mouse was 49g).
+I have become noticeably better at quake.

-After maybe 30 mins of use the left main button started to squeak but isn't too bad.
-I would prefer it if the two main buttons were a bit harder to press as I have pressed them accidentally a few times.
-Having trouble finding the software to customize the mouse.

BE AWARE: I have not tried many mice (maybe about 3 properly before this) and this is my first gaming mouse, so my opinion may be a bit too positive towards the mouse

EDIT: The mouse no longer squeaks, maybe it just had something under the button.