Please help me fix my BSOD( blue screen of death)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
I don't like two of the BSOD messages, since they are ones that REALLY shouldn't be comming up:

Bug Check 0x1: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

This indicates that there has been a mismatch in the APC state index.

Bug Check 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

Bug Check 0x3D: INTERRUPT_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

This bug check appears very infrequently.

The third one in particular is very worrying, since its very unlikely an exception isn't getting caught within the kernel. The first two both point to data corruption within the kernel OR really shoddy device drivers.

Given how the RAM checks out, you either have a VERY badly written driver for some piece of hardware, or a mobo/CPU problem.

Vikz4

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
Thanks for your reply, i still need to run memtest on each ram stick, and i dont think its drivers as ive reinstalled windows many times and tried with and without drivers, if ram comes out ok do you suggest replacing the mobo and cpu?

Vikz4

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
Does anything here look out of the ordinary?

Over here i dont understand Unganged mode:

7c16f722.jpg

And here "update New DAta to DMI!" looks suspicious.

47d727ee.jpg

And here are some temps and voltages.

cpuz.png

cpuz2.png

temps.png

Vikz4

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
MY display software for my monitor wont install through windows update it says its failed everytime..... if that makes a difference to my BSOD?

Vikz4

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
Just got this after the minidump finished for the first time on the BSOD

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1e
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\081312-12386-01.dmp
C:\Users\VikZ\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-15022-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Lee-m

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
even driver problems are handled pretty gracefully by windows these days. If the nvida drivers fail, it usually just results in a driver restart.

The randomness of the bsod messages make me think it is some ram some place in your system. If you can swap out the gfx card/use on board/borrow/buy a really cheap one for testing.

I assume you have reset the bios to eliminate any bad settings/overlocking/under volting ?

thats all I can think of given everything else you have tried.

Lee-m

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
In fairness your voltages look ok from what I know about Phenom II systems. It would be worth a try for nothing.
Its as easy as hiting del when on the black post screens, and reloading the default settings.

id wager swapping gfx cards is gonna solve your problem tho.
Good luck.

Lee-m

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
I doubt it.
But purely in the interests of trouble shooting , if you have on board lan on your motherboard you could remove that 'gaming' network card and use the onboard lan. Unless it is on board already.

Its worth noting, the last crash occured within one of the system networking drivers, so the NIC could be at fault. I doubt it, but for debugging purposes, couldn't hurt to remove it (and its driver) from the system.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I would certainly think you found the problem. Bad memory. I notice it showed up in the first pass, if I see the pic correctly. I thought you said earlier that you had already run Memtest and found no errors?

For now, test using the 1st slot.

Its looking like the RAM is mostly stable, but has an occasional error, hence why it doesn't always pop up. Might just be some voltage instability or ocassionally stuck bit.

In either case, test using slot 1 for now. If more then one stick shows errors, you might have a mobo (bad DIMM slot) or PSU (unstable voltage regulation) problem.