Please Help Me Fix This Stupid Laptop...

Dillon Davidson

Reputable
Oct 12, 2014
Okay, so I have the black screen with movable mouse error which I have done some research on and found that it is quite common. BUT. All the solutions that I have seen require you to go into the windows startup options by pressing F8 during startup. Whenever I do this however, I just get a disk read error. I also do not have the windows 7 disc because I bought this computer used. Any help would be greatly appreciated I am stumped. Thank you in advance.

Dillon Davidson

Reputable
Oct 12, 2014

That is kind of what I was scared of, are there any solutions to that other than a new harddrive and a new copy of windows?

Do you know what the key is for the version of windows? If you do you can get the same version here (an ISO) here. You have to burn it to cd

http://www.askvg.com/direct-download-links-download-official-original-and-untouched-windows-7-iso-32-bit-and-64-bit/

Dillon Davidson

Reputable
Oct 12, 2014

where would I find the product key?

Dillon Davidson

Reputable
Oct 12, 2014
Thank you all for your quick responses. I got the product key so if a reinstallation doesn't fix it then I'm going to assume the hard drive has failed and resort to a new hard drive and OS. Thank you again.