[SOLVED] Please help me. I don't know what to do

memez.boi

Prominent
Jan 21, 2020
Hello! so there is a problem with my computer i am not sure how to fix... While i was about to load into a Valorant game, my pc just decided to turn itself off. When i turned it back on and looked at what could be the problem, the app i used said that my cpu is at 100 degrees Celsius on IDLE... Mind you this has happened before but a week prior but it never said it was 100 Celsius... i have already tried a new thermal paste and it helped it a little bit but it didnt do much. Maybe i applied to little? i tried to go by the well known way and try to only put a pea size of thermal paste on my cpu but im not sure... i am really nervous because i really dont know what the problem is and i do not have the money to build another computer atm...

UPDATE: I originally used an app called Speccy to see my cpu temp and it told me 100 degrees Celsius but when i tried another app called CPUID Hwmonitor it said it was normal at about around 50 Celsius. Please help, I really don't want this PC to die right now

UPDATE2: I tried out another app called HWinfo64 and that said the same info as HWmonitor... so what am i suppose to trust?

Last edited:
Solution
If you have doubts, check the temp in bios on boot?
If HwInfo and HwMonitor both read 50'C and you aren't seeing a shutdown - it's safe to assume that temp is correct.

Hello! so there is a problem with my computer i am not sure how to fix... While i was about to load into a Valorant game, my pc just decided to turn itself off. When i turned it back on and looked at what could be the problem, the app i used said that my cpu is at 100 degrees Celsius on IDLE... Mind you this has happened before but a week prior but it never said it was 100 Celsius... i have already tried a new thermal paste and it helped it a little bit but it didnt do much. Maybe i applied to little? i tried to go by the well known way and try to only put a pea...
If you have doubts, check the temp in bios on boot?
If HwInfo and HwMonitor both read 50'C and you aren't seeing a shutdown - it's safe to assume that temp is correct.

Hello! so there is a problem with my computer i am not sure how to fix... While i was about to load into a Valorant game, my pc just decided to turn itself off. When i turned it back on and looked at what could be the problem, the app i used said that my cpu is at 100 degrees Celsius on IDLE... Mind you this has happened before but a week prior but it never said it was 100 Celsius... i have already tried a new thermal paste and it helped it a little bit but it didnt do much. Maybe i applied to little? i tried to go by the well known way and try to only put a pea size of thermal paste on my cpu but im not sure... i am really nervous because i really dont know what the problem is and i do not have the money to build another computer atm...

UPDATE: I originally used an app called Speccy to see my cpu temp and it told me 100 degrees Celsius but when i tried another app called CPUID Hwmonitor it said it was normal at about around 50 Celsius. Please help, I really don't want this PC to die right now

UPDATE2: I tried out another app called HWinfo64 and that said the same info as HWmonitor... so what am i suppose to trust?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS