[SOLVED] Please help me identify the connector type for HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

addverma

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
I have a Hitachi 250 GB HDD, Model number HTS542525K9A300 on an old laptop. This HDD needs to be replaced with a newer HDD or preferably SSD. The specifications of the HDD are given below
Specs For Hitachi HDD

Its specs say that it is a Serial-ATA/300 but its interface does not look like any SATA interface that I have seen on any internal 2.5 inch HDD or SSD. Can you please help me identify what is the interface this HDD have? I am attaching the photo of the HDD interface below.
HDD-Medium.png

Solution
I'd check to see if that is not just an adapter to the laptop that pulls out off of the HDD, because I have one of those drives and it's SATA connector does not look like that.

addverma

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
So I have to confirm that the connector being shown can come off from the HDD or not. And if it does then I have to check whether it will fit inside the new HDD/SDD or not.

And another pair of yes sirs as well. I wouldn't tell somebody to pull something off their hard drive if I wasn't pretty damn sure of what I was telling them. That plastic adapter will wiggle/pull off the regular SATA connections underneath it and install back the same way onto the new drive in order to connect to the connection on the laptop.

addverma

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
You were right. I tried to remove the connector and it came off. I did not mean to doubt your knowledge, it was just surprising that a renowned laptop manufacturer would do something like this, i.e. put a non-standard connector. Please see the screen shots given for how it appears.

HDD2-Large.jpg

HDD3-Large.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.