Question Please help me in choosing an SSD

THEkillerjoke

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016
Hey guys..as the title says I need help..😁
I'm from India and I want to get an SSD for my 9 year old PC and I'm confused between the WD Green, Kingston A400, SanDisk SSD Plus (All are 240 gig ones..gonna use it as a boot drive only)
My budget is around 3000 bucks (₹). So what's the best pick outta those three?

Hey guys..as the title says I need help..😁
I'm from India and I want to get an SSD for my 9 year old PC and I'm confused between the WD Green, Kingston A400, SanDisk SSD Plus (All are 240 gig ones..gonna use it as a boot drive only)
My budget is around 3000 bucks (₹). So what's the best pick outta those three? (I have a very old motherboard so no Nvme storage options or m.2)

Last edited by a moderator:

sdedu77

Respectable
Dec 9, 2018
If he often plays games or downloads a lot of files/games from the internet, then an SSD with higher TBW (terrabytes written) is recommended (TBW means how much he can write to it until it's life ends).
Here it gets a bit technical (skip if you want):
The SSD should have: S.M.A.R.T and TRIM support, garbage collection, cache, wear leveling and as higher MTBF (mean time between failure) as possible.
SSDs are a bit trickier to install than a hard drive (check SSD optimization guides online)

Short story, if you can spend about $50-$60, then go for a a Crucial MX500 or a Samsung 860 EVO.
If you have a strict buget, then go for a Patriot Burst. The only problem is that i don't knoe if it has S.M.A.R.T, which means you may not be to track data abouy ssd healt (though you might never need to).
Also download the software from their websites.

NOTE: those are the aprox. pricings in Romania, they might be different in India!

Last edited: