Please help me in this power supply and speaker thing .. i am worried

Jun 21, 2018
Hello everyone!

I wanted to ask a question. I am currently using RX 550 on 320 Power Watts Supply. Some say we should use a 400Watts Supply for it, or 350.

Now, some say it's ok to use it with 320Watts to that graphic card. So i am using it. But that was not the problem. I was just telling how worried i am about PSU. I can't upgrade my PSU because of some people said in some HP systems like yours you can't .. So i was like what? why i can't upgrade? I guess they said something about jeck of something because of that.

But anyways, after all that i am running card on it. But i noticed i got an amplifier (HI-FI STERIO ECHO 4 MIC WITH USB) and i got wooden 2 speakers.

Now, if i use that speaker and amplifier with PC will it will take power from my power supply too? That was my question as i am kinda scared about power supply... Please answer

No the amplifier supplies it's own power to the speakers. The RX550 is fine to run on that wattage power supply if it's a good quality one, the card at max would draw less than 50 watts of power, and it's not likely the rest of your system will be using much more than 150.

Jun 21, 2018
So brother amplifier or these speakers these both things will not take any power from power supply? even the amplifier i mean will not take power from power supply?

And my system is AMD Phenom II X4 B95 8gb ram ddr3

No, how would the amp take power from the computer when it's plugged into a wall outlet on it's own? All you would be doing is connecting the audio jack on the computer to the amp.

Jun 21, 2018
Lol i am sorry for asking these questions. I am sorry if it sounds weird. But it's better to ask something to be in doubt you know .. It's just i don't know much i think about it so that's why i am asking...

Also, idk someone was once saying other things will take power too like keyboard mouse etc. So i thought if by just connecting mouse it takes power from power supply then if i insert this audio jack or whatever it is in PC of amplifier it will maybe take power from power supply...

So, this amplifier and speakers both has nothing to do with power supply it will not take any power correct? just confirming.

Jun 21, 2018

Anyways. Thank you though for answering and helping me. It took pretty much time lol to find this quote button.

TRENDING THREADS