Please help me,installation fails windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciprian Gritto

Reputable
Feb 7, 2015
Hello dudes,i am destroyed.So,this is the story:

One of my friend went to me two months ago.He plugged in some giant audio boxes (you know,speakers) and in about 2 minutes my laptop just went in sleep mode and on the screen,with a black background only appears : bootmgr not found etc etc....I have a samsung notebook,with 4 GB ram,intel i3,500 GB Hard disk.I also got a disk with samsung recovery,and it has a copy of w7 on it,i think.I tried to install windows from uit,but when i select the partition it says that windows cannot be installed there,because the disk may fail soon.I created,deleted,formating etc lots of partitions to make it work,but nothing.I gived up and clicked up next.Now "Copy windows files" was charging instantly,but it stucks at expanding windows files 0% .Sometimes i get an error code and some chinese characters,i dont know why.Please help me.

*I will give you any informations that you need
*Sorry for my bad english,im from Romania.
*I dont wanna go to a pc service,i want to solve it myself.Please help :(

Solution
The disks that you have are most likely just recovery disks and not a full installation disk.

Download a new Windows 7 disk image from the authorized online distributor (at no cost) from HERE and burn it to a DVD or make a USB installer stick using THIS TOOL and instructions.

Just be sure to download the same version that your authentication key is for -- usually you can find that on the Windows 7 sticker on your machine.

At the beginning of the install process, select custom install and delete all existing partitions, then install to the single remaining unpartitioned space.

After installation you will need to reinstall all the laptop drivers for that version of Windows 7, which you can download from the...

RealBeast

Titan
The disks that you have are most likely just recovery disks and not a full installation disk.

Download a new Windows 7 disk image from the authorized online distributor (at no cost) from HERE and burn it to a DVD or make a USB installer stick using THIS TOOL and instructions.

Just be sure to download the same version that your authentication key is for -- usually you can find that on the Windows 7 sticker on your machine.

At the beginning of the install process, select custom install and delete all existing partitions, then install to the single remaining unpartitioned space.

After installation you will need to reinstall all the laptop drivers for that version of Windows 7, which you can download from the manufacturer website. Then activate with your activation key from the sticker on the laptop and do all the Windows updates.

Solution

Ciprian Gritto

Reputable
Feb 7, 2015
But i don't have a CD writter on my PC,but i heard about a method with windows XP,and i have it on an old pc,and you can install something on the CD without CD-Writter.How?And here,in Romania,the disks are only 700 MB (i searched but nothing) so how can i install something wich is 3,1 GB ?Damn,please help me.

tman1 already hinted at what's wrong.

"Windows cannot be installed there,because the disk may fail soon"

That does not mean there's anything wrong with the Samsung Recovery disc.

The internal hard drive is failing so you need to install a new one first, then use the Samsung recovery disc

I'm sorry to hear you don't have much money but the only fix for your problem is to get the hard drive replaced.

It's got nothing to do with a CD-writer or CD/DVD discs!

When you have had a new hard drive installed you can then use the samsung recovery disc which you already have.
There is no need to buy a new Windows disc if you already have a samsung recovery disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.