Please Help Me.. (Low fps Bug)

Precedentbug

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
Ok let me just give you an example of what the issue is that i'm having.. CS:GO , i set my settings to 1080p And everything on MAX.. i get 100-110 FPS constant, then i change it to 720p and lowest settings to see if my FPS goes a bit higher.. but NOPE it goes from 50-60fps constant, can someone please explain how this makes any sense.. same goes for other games such as PUBG or any other game.. Specs listed below.

AMD Quad Core CPU Phenom II X4-960T 3.0GHZ
Mini Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 OC edition 2GB
760GM-E51 Motherboard
8 GB of Ram
1TB HDD
Arctic Alpine 64 PLUS - 100 Watt CPU Cooler
QUIET ARTIC BLUE 750W ATX PSU 8 PIN

If ANYONE can please give me any info on what the issue is, i'll be so happy! i don't understand why this is happening or how to fix it :(

Solution
If the fps would stay the same I'd say CPU bottleneck, but with this description I can only suggest that on low settings something has to be worked with.
I've seen games that have to reduce textures at low settings, which taxes the CPU.
Try to set your Windows power plan to high performance, same goes for the graphics card (there are options in the control panel)

Precedentbug

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
What i'm trying to say is.. higher settings = Higher FPS, i want to play CS:GO on a 4:3 and rather get more fps but it's the complete opposite, I have a friend who has a "worse" settup than me and gets more FPS on PUBG than me which has never made any sense to me.. i just want to have an enjoyable experience playing games.

If the fps would stay the same I'd say CPU bottleneck, but with this description I can only suggest that on low settings something has to be worked with.
I've seen games that have to reduce textures at low settings, which taxes the CPU.
Try to set your Windows power plan to high performance, same goes for the graphics card (there are options in the control panel)

Solution