Question please help me make miracast work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2021
this is so confusing. i have samsung q80t tv and it says forscreen sharing my pc has to support it. when i go to action bar -> connect my, pc says it doesn't support miracast so n projecting.
i have:
  • windows 10
  • gtx 970
  • my pc is connected to ruter via ethernet cable but i have wi fi adapter tp - wn722n
so please tell me what is the weak link here and what do i have to change to make this ** [ Moderator edit to remove profanity] work, because this is all cryptic **.

this is what i get in command prompt:
View: https://imgur.com/1yKftTh

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 17, 2021
Unfortunately i do not think your TP-Link TL-WN722N Wireless N150 USB Adapter supports Miracast. That is what the last line of the command prompt is telling you.

Wireless Display Supported: No (Graphics Driver: Yes, Wi-Fi Driver: No)
okay better that than gpu. so if i change my wi fi adapter with the one that supports miracast, it should work?

im asking cuz i don't need wi fi adapter otherwise and it would be pure waste of money if it doesn't work.

okay better that than gpu. so if i change my wi fi adapter with the one that supports miracast, it should work?

im asking cuz i don't need wi fi adapter otherwise and it would be pure waste of money if it doesn't work.
I can't guarantee it will work with a new Wi-Fi adapter since i do not know the detailed specs of your computer, but yes it should work. My guess is the Wireless N150 adapter you have is too slow to send a video stream to your TV in any case. That is likely the reason TP-Link does not bother providing driver support for Miracast, it would just continuously stutter and drop out.

Jul 17, 2021
I can't guarantee it will work with a new Wi-Fi adapter since i do not know the detailed specs of your computer, but yes it should work. My guess is the Wireless N150 adapter you have is too slow to send a video stream to your TV in any case. That is likely the reason TP-Link does not bother providing driver support for Miracast, it would just continuously stutter and drop out.
problem is i can't find which components are actually important for miracast to work. from my understanding you need wind10, gpu and wi fi adapter that support miracast?

problem is i can't find which components are actually important for miracast to work. from my understanding you need wind10, gpu and wi fi adapter that support miracast?
You are correct, your GPU, Wi-Fi adapter and the TV all need to support Miracast. Miracast support is built into Windows 10.

Jul 17, 2021
You are correct, your GPU, Wi-Fi adapter and the TV all need to support Miracast. Miracast support is built into Windows 10.

but based on my command prompt, gpu is fine?

what is the cheapest wi fi adapter i can get that supports miracast?

Status
Not open for further replies.