[SOLVED] Please Help Me! My brand new laptop have a problem! İ cant solve...

Feb 28, 2022
Hi, first of all I'm new to this community. this is my first post. and I apologize for any mistakes I may have made. I will be very happy if someone can solve my problem. I bought a new gaming laptop a week ago and am facing an annoying problem. The keys on my keyboard don't work sometimes. It happens rarely but very annoying. I noticed the problem while playing rocket league. All of a sudden my car starts to slow down and I realize that it doesn't work even though I hold down the W key. All I have to do is release the button and press it again. But this is so annoying that I'm even considering selling my computer now. I've always had the problem while playing games. so I think like this. I've noticed it happen to me in situations where I have to press the W key or another key in quick repetition along with a few other keys. I have tried many things to solve this problem. The things I checked are:
I checked that my keyboard driver is up to date. I thought that normally laptops use keyboards with ps/2 connectors, but on my computer it says HID keyboard device.
I uninstalled the device in device manager and windows reinstalled it.
I am using Windows 11 PRO. There is nothing I haven't tried in the keyboard settings, but I'm still waiting for your suggestions.
sticky keys are off, I even turned off everything related to typing aid from windows settings. I couldn't find a different driver for my keyboard than the one that windows installed.
I disassembled my new computer and made sure my keyboard was properly connected.
All my drivers are up to date. I am doing windows updates.
I just reinstalled windows. I would like to try windows 10, but I use the auto hdr feature of windows 11 and I love it. I should consider this as the last option. I don't have this problem when I connect an external keyboard and try.
Finally, I apologize again for any mistakes in my English.

Solution
It would seem to be indicative of a hardware issue with the keypad itself. In many cases they are replaceable and fairly inexpensive. The thing would be to try and find a disassembly walkthrough. I have had laptops where the keypad actually had to come off to open, and some you had to open to get the keypad off. The last one I replaced was ~$25-30 for a Dell unit.

GL
Feb 28, 2022
If this is a new product you should follow up with warrantly repair, or just return it for a refund and select another.
yes it is a new product but i bought it without operating system. Also, I'm not in the country where I bought it now and I won't be going back. Any software problem is thus out of warranty and the probability of i can send it to warranty is close to zero. and Thanks for your commentt!

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
It would seem to be indicative of a hardware issue with the keypad itself. In many cases they are replaceable and fairly inexpensive. The thing would be to try and find a disassembly walkthrough. I have had laptops where the keypad actually had to come off to open, and some you had to open to get the keypad off. The last one I replaced was ~$25-30 for a Dell unit.

GL

Solution

TRENDING THREADS