Please help me pick a GTX 560 TI

gtfomyinternets

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
I haven't built a pc in 3 1/2 years so I'm a bit out of the loop. My last graphics card was a evga 8800gts and I really liked evga.

Now I'm ready for a new build, but I'm stuck on which GTX 560 TI to choose from: evga, pny, msi, asus?

Any suggestions? I'm kind of leaning towards PNY as its a little bit cheaper.

If it does not have a mid plate under the cooler for the memory and power vrm don't bother. If it does have something to help cool the power vrm and memory then consider but research before buying anything. Some cards out there are hardly worth the box it comes in.

It's hard to argue with that PNY at $205 with a free game. It comes with a nice factory overclock (900 mhz) and a lifetime warranty.

The other one that is nearly the same deal is the Gigabyte one. It has the same factory overclock, same price, and same free game. It comes with a different design including a dual fan cooler, Ultra Durable components, and a shorter warranty.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125363

If you are looking for the best deal for the least price, I would choose between those two. If you were looking to spend more, the MSI Hawk would be the best choice.

Lotharian

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
Doesn't matter what the price costs after rebate. When you buy, assume the rebate will not work because they all try very hard to make it impossible to collect on the rebate.

I bought my case on the 26th, got it on the 2nd, couldn't do the rebate because it expires and renews every month, and starts on the day you ordered it. Essentially, the rebate was void before I even got the case.

Same story with my GPU. It still allowed me to finish the process, but I know I'm never going to see that rebate.

I got a 560 TI Hawk, and I can say it is indeed a fantastic card. Comes with Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, too. Also, if you buy any 500 series card, it comes with Arkham City. I'm not sure if that's limited to certain venues, but its plastered all over the Nvidia site.