[SOLVED] Please help me - stuttering

Status
Not open for further replies.

gammatsunami

Prominent
May 6, 2021
As you can see from my history, I still have this issue. I thought it was fixed going to intel, but it came back the next day and I didnt want to bother you guys. I am pulling my hair out, I cant find a solution :(
Its to the point where I wonder if its my houses power.....
I have clean installed windows, only had steam and msi afterburner on the PC. Run the game, it will stutter.
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...e-could-ryzen-be-the-issue.3728664/?view=date

Here is the issue, copy and pasted from the reddit where no one could figure it out.

Computer Type: Desktop - custom
GPU: RTX 4090 24gb vram no OC
CPU: Intel Core i7 11700, no overclock
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard
RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, XMP enabled, no overclock
PSU: Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W Power Supply
Operating System & Version: Clean install windows 11
GPU Drivers: 522.25, clean install

Description of Problem: I have been having huge stuttering issues in my games. Everyone I have shown cant figure it out, I have tried everything I can find.
Examples of the stuttering, this happens at both 60fps and 120fps
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpfHMk43Doc

View: https://youtu.be/H1TyrP0OCCc?t=27

View: https://youtu.be/FpmetEHsBDE

View: https://youtu.be/RXpb2rHP0Zk

View: https://youtu.be/UGurfUqBk-g

Games will run like this the entire time

I dont know why or what the difference in them is, but after months of testing I have noticed some games NEVER stutter, others do all the time.
Theyre a mix of DX11/12 so its odd
Ones that never do;
Resident evil village
Dying light 2
Call of duty Vangard
Doom eternal

Ones that always do it
Call of duty Cold war
Dead by daylight
Arkham Knight
BF 2042

Troubleshooting:
Gsync on, off, freesync on, off - all combos of those. No vsync, fast, adaptive, low latency, FPS limiters way under my monitor refresh rate. Windows reinstalls, DDU driver reinstalls, checking temps of everything, overclocking everything, upgrading and swapping literally every part of my pc out piece by piece.
This is a completely new PC, with the same issue. I have confirmed its not the HDMI cable. I have bought a new monitor to test displayport ( current one doesnt have DP )
Core limiting in the game. Lowest settings.
Installed drivers with and without geforce experience.
Unplugged all devices so its just my monitor, power cable, hdmi, controller connected ( also tried just mouse and keyboard )
XMP enabled, RAM in 2 slots.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Are there any parts in this PC that were in the other one?

GPU: RTX 4090 24gb vram no OC
CPU: Intel Core i7 11700, no overclock
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard
RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, XMP enabled, no overclock
PSU: Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W Power Supply
Operating System & Version: Clean install windows 11
GPU Drivers: 522.25, clean install
what ssd/hdd/nvme do you have?
did you run latency mon again?

gammatsunami

Prominent
May 6, 2021
I have a 2tb 980 pro NVME, that is the only part carried over.
Could this honestly be my "monitor"?
Its the only thing that has carried over to each build. I am seeing stuttering, but on my frametiming graph its a perfect line.

Its a LG CX TV, so I cant plug into displayport to test that. Surely it cant be just because I am using that?
I cant think of anything else.
I will run latency mon now.
I forgot to mention, dunno if this will help. The issue goes away completely if I set my monitor to ray tracing off ( annoying because its half the reason I got a 4090 ) 1440p 50hz, but 4k it comes back. Or even 1440p 120hz it comes back. Which made me think cable, but I tried the ps5 and series x cables and that didnt fix it.
I dont have displayport in my tv to test, but I have bought another monitor online that should be here this week, will be interesting to see if thats it...

So just to explain what happens with fortnite for example ( I find it good because it has so many options )
( I have spent hours testing to find the changes )

• If I lower it to 2560x1440 60hz DX11 it runs like a dream
  • Any higher either res or refresh rate = stuttering madness
  • Ray tracing makes it stutter
  • DX 12 without ray tracing, even in 2560x1440 60 = stuttering mess
Am I correct in thinking this could be the tv? But then would that show up in catchable software?

Here is the game in 2560x1440 60hz dx11 I dont think it moves from 60fps once.
View: https://youtu.be/Fezv_tDIzvk

Here is the game, in 2560x1440 60hz dx12 - my god......
But the frametime graph is straight as an arrow.
View: https://youtu.be/daZTMu9ITdQ

Not sure if you can tell, but its like a completely different PC is hooked up for each

I dont even know what all this means, I just want to provide you with everything I have noticed and hope you guys know. My little brain says maybe its a bandwidth issue with the cables or tv ?
But then I can play cyberpunk 2077, completely maxed out in DX12 4k 120hz everything turned to the absolute max and get no stuttering.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
SOrry, slow to answer, bad weather last few days
I can find people having stutter problems with that TV at 4k

I can't be the only one out there who's noticed significant stuttering on any games played on the PS5 using an LG C9. It's especially noticeable when you pan the camera and happens when any picture setting is turned on except Game Mode.

Here's the fix: go to Settings - Screen and Video - Video Output - 4K Video Transfer Rate - Change to -1.
link
Not sure if that would help

gammatsunami

Prominent
May 6, 2021
SOrry, slow to answer, bad weather last few days
I can find people having stutter problems with that TV at 4k

link
Not sure if that would help
I appreciate that, how do I make that change on pc? Arent those ps5 settings on the ps5?
The new monitor is coming tomorrow, I am really hoping that fixes it. Ridiculous I have a 4090 and have to play at 1440p. Although thats only for games that stutter, I can play other games like CP 2077 max 4k.
Still sucks I have a super powerful pc, and need to think about getting certain games on my ps5.

gammatsunami

Prominent
May 6, 2021
oh, i thought they were settings on the monitor... oops. Sorry about that.

quote is from the same link

CX Stutter seems to depend on colour depth. CX Stutter

i don't find many results for that TV with a PC.
No joke I was just reading that post too, and was like holy crap! It makes so much sense, so thats why 1440p is fine but it stutters at 4k, because it doesnt have a fast enough speed!

Although it doesnt make sense that dead by daylight stutters like crazy, but CP 2077 gets zero stutters. Youd think ALL games would stutter. But maybe some games use more bandwidth than others?
Its odd because this is a very common suggestion back in 2020 for a PC monitor. Infact linus was the video that convinced me to go with it, I used to have a 3440x1440 monitor I loved.

I wonder if this is a thing of this tv, or OLEDs in general. Makes me nervous to go OLED in the future for monitor, I think id take worse blacks but smoothness anyday.

The annoying thing is when linus plays games and shows them off, all he plays are the games I havent seen stutter in. He always tests Counterstike, halo infinite, doom eternal. Those games I get zero stutter, so it makes sense he never mentions it. Even warzone I dont get stutter, but cold war is horrendous.

Im annoyed in a way. Its cost me literally thousands trying to fix this, I have replaced so many parts I ended up with a whole new PC by the end.
Spent entire weekends I got new games troubleshooting instead of actually playing.

At the very least now I know if a game stutters, put it in 1440p

Although if bandwidth were the issue, shouldnt putting it from RGB to y420 fix it? It doesnt seem to.

Last edited:

gammatsunami

Prominent
May 6, 2021
A 4090 shouldn't stutter so have you tried the cables? 2nd video mentions cables can be a reason for stutter on hdmi.

hope new monitor fixes it for you.
Yeah I have tried the cable that came with my series x and ps5.
Same, though like a guy in a comment section said, if it were my monitor wouldnt every game do it, and it wouldnt be captured on nvidia capture software. dont have my hopes up.
Guess ill run the stuttery games @1440p

Colif

Win 11 Master
have you tried it on windows 10?

stutter on 2 different systems
old system:

Ryzen 9 5900x
MSI 6900xt
32gb ram
2tb 980 pro nvme
X570 taichi
Fresh install of windows 11
Uninstalled all rgb software

so all games on the 2tb drive?
one person fixed stutter by turning indexing off on the nvme
using Samsung nvme drivers? nvm, 980 pro doesn't use them

did you run latencymon again?

gammatsunami

Prominent
May 6, 2021
have you tried it on windows 10?

stutter on 2 different systems
old system:

so all games on the 2tb drive?
one person fixed stutter by turning indexing off on the nvme
using Samsung nvme drivers?

did you run latencymon again?
TBH I cant remember how to use latencymod or what its meant to do, sorry !

I will see if indexing is on or off!
Yeah it would happen on 10 too

Colif

Win 11 Master
I don't understand latencymon fully myself and finding any advice about it online is a struggle

It might at least show us a clue. It almost always has Nvidia as top usage. Which is a trap as it can sometimes be caused by settings in Nvidia drivers. Upload screenshots of the 1st page with any warnings you get, and the drivers page sorted by Highest execution time.

https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

in Nvidia setting, go to manage 3d settings
scroll right column down to Power Management Mode
set it to Prefer Maximum Performance and click save

that has been know to help latency

2 different systems shouldn't have same problems.

gammatsunami

Prominent
May 6, 2021
I don't understand latencymon fully myself and finding any advice about it online is a struggle

It might at least show us a clue. It almost always has Nvidia as top usage. Which is a trap as it can sometimes be caused by settings in Nvidia drivers. Upload screenshots of the 1st page with any warnings you get, and the drivers page sorted by Highest execution time.

https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

in Nvidia setting, go to manage 3d settings
scroll right column down to Power Management Mode
set it to Prefer Maximum Performance and click save

that has been know to help latency

2 different systems shouldn't have same problems.
I agree, thats what I was trying to look at whats constant between the 2 systems and even thought it shouldnt be capturable on software, the only thing carried over is the tv. Thats why I thought that.

Hey sorry to be a pain, I cant get latencymon to launch! Reinstalled a few times, restarted pc etc.

Last edited:

gammatsunami

Prominent
May 6, 2021
Spoke to someone else in another forum. They said they get the same stutter in the same games I do.
Turns out its an unreal engine thing. It makes total sense, since all the games I get stutter are unreal engine. The games I earlier said dont stutter, all use a different engine. This is why I think linus in his LG CX video didnt mention it at 4k 120hz, he doesnt seem to play unreal games.
Whenever he tests a monitor he plays doom, countstrike, halo, shadow of the tomb raider and civilization . This is why he never encounters the stutter.
This is the video that I watched and convinced me to get it; NO unreal engine games
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9n8Hz_RLqw

What an absolute joke. So theres nothing I can do? The main one I would want to fix is dead by daylight, as I have 2k hours in that and play it daily.
So basically if I am going to buy a game on pc, I have to google if it is running on unreal engine and if so, buy it on my ps5 instead.

I am worried about stalker 2, as thats a shooter so I really dont want to play that on ps5

https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfoundry-2022-df-direct-weekly-talks-state-of-play-and-horizon-forbidden-west-post-patch-image-quality#:~:text=Typically, this stutter is caused,bothersome on Unreal Engine titles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.