Please help me to solve this. processor fan is slowing down when playing games or programs

electronity.2017

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017
Hello Everyone, To All Experts!

I Need A Help. I am In the Philippines, As you can see. my processor fan slow's down. even though the power management is in high performance. There's No problem in the BIOS. its all very fine. and at my Motherboard, seemed to be fine. but i found a dust in my heat sink. NO FAN, NO COOLER, NO VIDEO CARD. I will give u a specs. i cant give u a temp since my CPU is always is been cooled by my electric fan. Also my PC is 5 years old.

Specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz, 2 Cores, 4 Logical Processor
RAM: 4gb DDR3 1333MHz
Disk: Hitachi HDS721050CLA662 500GB
Motherboard: American Megatrends Inc. 4.6,4 10/27/2011
BIOS Mode: Legacy
System Manufacturer: PCCHIPS
System Model: P63G

So If I Play Game fps goes Boom! from 5-10 FPS. I end all programs. i disable all useless program in msconfig. added more virtual ram. and then if i didn't play any game or opening a program. my cpu fan speed is in 2.90 - 3.04 GHz Now I Will Play Agar.io: From 2.90 GHz Goes to 0.19 GHz.

Are You Kidding Me? Even i Clean My PC. But Some Dust Are Still In the Heat sink. For all my life i didn't experience a cooler, fan and a video card for all 5 years, and My Computer sometimes hang. What i do:

Me And My Family Will Buy Video Card. Since we checked this to the expert.

If u Will Suggest Me to buy something. since my processor is i3. i am ready to say! FAN,Cooler Or Anything! Just to fix my computer!

Thanks Please Read This To All Experts. And sorry to my english

Solution
I have experienced similar events with a cheap PSU. Are you using a cheap PSU? Is it an old PSU or new? A bad PSU can cause power draw fluctuations meaning that it cannot get enough power to the system so it becomes a hog of your other components. Also, it could even be a bad motherboard, or the settings in the bios. Also, I believe you're mistaking American Mega trends as the manufacturer. Typically they're a bios and UEFI firmware company which means their logo on your boot screen is letting you know that they made your bios firmware and the chip which it is located. Your board should have a logo such as Asus, Biostar, Gigabyte, MSI Ect.
What fan speed has to do with CPU/GPU frequency ? Fan speed is regulated by temperature of those parts.
Built in graphic is lousy on those processors, you need a proper graphic card for any kind of game performance. You also need more RAM, at least 8GB.
Motherboard is not "American Megatrends Inc". that's just BIOS version, MB model should be stamped on it.

Radioactive Gamer

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
I have experienced similar events with a cheap PSU. Are you using a cheap PSU? Is it an old PSU or new? A bad PSU can cause power draw fluctuations meaning that it cannot get enough power to the system so it becomes a hog of your other components. Also, it could even be a bad motherboard, or the settings in the bios. Also, I believe you're mistaking American Mega trends as the manufacturer. Typically they're a bios and UEFI firmware company which means their logo on your boot screen is letting you know that they made your bios firmware and the chip which it is located. Your board should have a logo such as Asus, Biostar, Gigabyte, MSI Ect.

Solution