Please help me troubleshoot why computer is slow and what to update and replace!

Jan 30, 2019
Hello Community. Looking for some help pinpointing what needs to be updated with this computer and what hardware needs replacing.

What the computer is for:
Running Adobe's CC suite, mainly editing 4k footage in Premiere and VFX compositing and motion graphics in After effects. Also using C4D for modeling and animating complex CG graphics. Rendering using Vray (CPU renderer) and dynamics and simulations using Turbulence FD (GPU)

Issues:
I'm working with 4K a lot more these days and Premier has issues with playback, stuttering and slow speeds.

After effects is just slow, slow, slow these days, even at 1080P, I drop a handful of layers and effects in my comp and its bogs down.

I'm used to having several programs open at once and jumping back and forth between them. The more going on the slower the whole machine becomes not just the applications.

whats under the hood:
OPS - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
MOTHERBOARD- ASUSTeK Z9PE-D8 WS
PROCESSOR- Intel Xeon CPU E5-2640 v2 @ 2.00GHz (16 core @ 32 threads )
RAM- 48
GFX CARD- GeForce GTX 1080Ti
All drives are SSD drives

I'd really appreciate some help being pointed in the right direction as to what needs replacing and updating so that my machine is working for me and not against me!

Thanks!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS