Question Please help me with browser issue

rex.and.kathy

Reputable
Sep 4, 2018
I wasn't sure where to post this question. I hope someone can help me figure out how to fix the problem that I'm having with my browsers. My operating system is Windows 10. I have 3 browsers on my desktop: Firefox, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edge. Half of the links that I find on webpages when I use Firefox seem to be dead. Nothing happens when I click on them. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge are useless because for some reason when I type in those browsers my letters all come out scrambled like they are encrypted, but obviously it isn't an encryption problem because none of the addresses that I type in the address bar work. If I type the addresses on Firefox and copy and paste them to Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge address bar I can use them and the links all work on the webpages, but this is a ridiculously cumbersome way to surf the internet. I don't know if this is a software problem, a virus, or an incompatibility issue. I'm running CCleaner and Malwarebytes in the background, and my antivirus is ESET Smart Security Premium. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix the problem?

This is so frustrating! I appreciate your help!

Last edited:
This sounds like a virus but not sure.

Does the scrambled letters only happen in Chrome and Edge?
What does full scans from Malwarebytes and the ONLINE version of ESET tell you?
Have you reinstalled your browsers (firefox and chrome)?
Does this happen in safe mode (with networking)?

Also note, having multiple antivirus programs can cause issues - they usually don't play well together.