please help me with choosing parts for my new build pc

Aug 26, 2018
Guys, i need you to help with picking some part for my new build pc.
I wanted to build a PC for gaming and editing and rendering. I already have some parts in mind, but since im a newbie, i need your help to makesure every parts i pick wont bottleneck or didnt compatible.
This is my list :
CPU Ryzen 5 2600
VGA Galax 1060 3GB
MoBo ASUS B350M TUF
RAM Team Elite Plus 2x4GB 2666mhz
HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB
PSU be quiet 500w 80+

my budget are around $700, and this item on my list is about $710.
any suggestions are very welcomed. no case, OS and monitor needed. just every part on the list.
downgrading some parts to upgrade another parts like lowering my mobos for a good ram (planned 16gb, will buy another 8gb another months, so 4 ram slot is a must. or a good cheep 2 ram slots mobos without VRM or any issues for ram upgrade 2x8gb on budget, b450 mobos instead b350) and etc. (still confused to pick the right mobo and psu tho).

sorry for long question and my bad english.

A few things I would do..

1. Make sure that mobo is updated with latest BIOS, else it wont support that CPU.
2. For the RAM, you really need faster 3000/3200 MHz RAM as Ryzen depends a lot on it and running slower RAM will hurt performance. Also mixing RAM is not guarantied to work. Get the RAM you need in a kit to make sure it will work together and it is always better to run only 2 sticks of RAM than 4.
3. Consider getting a better PSU. Don't cheap out on this.

Aug 26, 2018
thank you so much for answering and give me suggestion.
ill keep in mind about your ram and psu suggestions.
should i downgrade my mobos to micro with only 2 slots ram and buying a better ram and psu?
do you have any suggestion for a good 16gb (2x8) ram, A good PSU on budget and a "cheaper mobo that will works just fine" with my build?

If you should downgrade the mobo depends if you are going to OC or not. Suggestions for RAM can only be given when we now the exact mobo you are going to buy. Reason being that the B350 mobos can be very RAM picky so it is essential that you buy RAM that are on the mobo QVL list.

Aug 26, 2018
im not really into over clocking, but i might do OC in later use if im bored with the performance or just trying lil bit OC.
ah i see. the thing is, im reading so much issues about b350 vrm in cheap mobos ( about $100-$120 mobos) thats why i still confused to pick a good one with my budget. and i read some mobos only running under 3000mhz ram (2986mhz or something).
thank you so much for give me a lot information. and now im getting more confused with the parts on my budget.
anyway, do corsair cx550 or seasonic 550w g3 are a good psu for my budget? do you have a suggestion with cheaper but in the same tier?

Oct 22, 2018
1. Make sure that mobo is updated with latest BIOS, else it wont support that CPU.
2. For the RAM, you really need faster 3000/3200 MHz RAM as Ryzen depends a lot on it and running slower RAM will hurt performance. Also mixing RAM is not guarantied to work. Get the RAM you need in a kit to make sure it will work together and it is always better to run only 2 sticks of RAM than 4.
3. Get EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G3, 80 Plus Gold 650w
4. For GPU get the MSI Radeon RX 570 DirectX 12 RX 570 ARMOR 8G OC 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support ATX Video Card (buy it here for 190$: https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16814137256?cm_re=Rx_570_8gb-_-14-137-256-_-Product)

Latest posts