Question Please help me with gpu choices, need advice.

Hello, i've sold my RTX 2060 Super and i really dont know which gpu to get later, im down to RTX 3060Ti, 3070, RX 6600 XT, and 6700 XT.

3070 is kinda less considerable since how it priced here (320 bucks ish) while the 6700 XT is 280 ish and lower. yes im buying a used gpu that's still on warranty, and im currently confused which is best for power consumption without sacrificing performance, i also want to know from each sides whats the pro and cons in any scope. spare money if i got the best choice gpu will be used as money for new nvme drive.

Specs: i3 10105F + 2x8gb 4133 + Corsair RM650X.

If you want the card with purely better performance, then the RTX 3070 is the clear winner from those choices. If you want the best bang for the buck, then the 6700 XT is the better choice as it's performance is only marginally less than the 3070 while being somewhat cheaper.

Both cards come with a recommendation for a good 600w or higher power supply.

If you want the card with purely better performance, then the RTX 3070 is the clear winner from those choices. If you want the best bang for the buck, then the 6700 XT is the better choice as it's performance is only marginally less than the 3070 while being somewhat cheaper.

Both cards come with a recommendation for a good 600w or higher power supply.
Since im an nvidia user i need more convincing reasons for 6700XT, vs 3070/3060Ti. If i cant negotiate for the 3070 then probably i will go either 3060Ti or 6700XT. I want to know the downsides if using 6700XT except driver issues

The downside is that it has slightly less performance, pretty much across the board, than the 3070.

What resolution do you game at and what are the lowest settings you are willing to settle for in any of the more demanding games you might play? In fact, what games do you typically play?

Reactions: RodroX
The downside is that it has slightly less performance, pretty much across the board, than the 3070.

What resolution do you game at and what are the lowest settings you are willing to settle for in any of the more demanding games you might play? In fact, what games do you typically play?
I usually play FPS games that use DX11 titles such as Valorant and Overwatch, DX12 titles sometimes like FH4 and FH5. DX9 on old games like portal 2 and csgo.

i play at 900P with the intention to upgrade the monitor to a 1080P 144hz/165hz.

Sometimes i do stream and video editing.

So, if you want to play at ultra settings at 1080p, I'd probably opt for the 3070 if you want to be able to do that on the absolute most demanding games.

If you are ok with dropping a few settings down in order to maintain your 144hz/FPS on those kinds of titles, then the 3060 ti is plenty good.

And for lighter games, eSports titles, less demanding stuff, the 3060 ti is more than enough for 144fps Ultra settings.

At 900p, anything equal to or better than an RTX 2060, 3060, etc. will do Ultra 144fps on pretty much any game.

The 3060 ti will likely do what you need. The 3070 will pretty much do anything you want at 1080p.

If you don't care as much about the eye candy and are more of a high FPS kind of player then you could probably even get away with an even lower end card on the vast majority of games, but I wouldn't. If you like to seriously game, and I don't mean competitively but you game a lot and want a good experience, always buy the best card you can reasonably afford because the demands of new games ALWAYS goes UP, it never goes down or stays the same from generation to generation.

Reactions: Koekieezz
I have the 6700xt and I’m happy with it. When I bought it, it came down for me to price to performance. The 6700xt is between a 3060ti and 3070.

The big thing is with a 6700xt you won’t get as good of ray tracing as the nvidia cards. However I will say that the 6700xt will handle 1440p. I’ve got a 165 hz 1440p monitor and the 6700xt does well with that as well. I will say that really I’m pretty happy with the card overall. No major issues with the card or drivers either. If you just want a good bang for the buck then the 6700xt imo is a fine choice. I’ve had a chance to use a 6600xt also and at 1080p it’s a decent card as well but the more powerful the card the longer the card should last.

But for me, when I was shopping in the summer I just didn’t want to justify paying more for an nvidia card to get the same levels of performance as the lower priced amd cards. That was just part of my decision, but for 1080p, a 6600xt, 6700xt, 3060ti or 3070 should all make you pretty happy.