Prominent
Aug 18, 2017
current set up:
Motherboard: Aspire TC-605
Processor: Intel core i7 4770
Video card: AMD Radeon HD 8570 2 GB
8 GB RAM
1 TB Hard drive
Still has 250W Power supply unit that came with the computer.

I bought a new PSU for my new card it's a "750W Thermaltake smartseries 80 plus bronze" psu.

I have limited space in my computer case for a new card, so the 2 cards im interested in buying that i think will fit is the
GTX 1050 TI 4gb (single fan) or GTX 1060 3gb (Single fan).

I want to play decent games (for e.g. rising storm 2) with medium quality at 1080p and good frame rate.
assuming there is physically enough space would either of these cards be compatible with my set up?

Solution

1 -...

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

3.0 is backwards compatible that is not an issue

and yes either of those cards should work, if your motherboard bios is up to date

it is a pre-built so nothing is guaranteed as they are sometimes locked down from the factory preventing upgrades

make sure the place you buy the card from has a good return policy

the 1060 is so much stronger there is no choice there

JackM3

Prominent
Apr 15, 2017
The single fan models of either of those cards hardly take up any space. If you get the dial fan card thats when I would look at space. My dial fan GPU doesnt even extend over the end of my motherboard. Space isnt a issue here. Your PSU should be fine for that build and the gpu is good. The 1050ti is better than the 1050's so thats always nice and you have 4GB of VRAM instead of the 3 with the 1060. You would have to look at the other specs but the 1050ti looks like the better.

lucas.demontigny94

Prominent
Aug 18, 2017

thanks
i was hearing that if i connect a PCI 3.0 card to a 2.0 slot it will cut performance by 50%. a bit of further research shows most people dont think so.

id probably be getting the EVGA 1060 3GB from newegg

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

1 - 2% at best, in worse case scenarios

at this level of performance it is irrelevant

your cpu is strong enough to keep up with it

Solution

TRENDING THREADS