Please help me with my terrible gaming performance.

Oct 25, 2018
Ever since I've gotten my gaming laptop from best buy I always had issues of my laptop that's suppose to be better for gaming and I'm just not getting the crazy fps I should be getting regardless of how high my graphics settings are.

I have an Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 which isn't the greatest card now a days, but never out performed an old computer that had Nvidia geforce 840m.

Also other specs I have which some are better or exual than the other laptop are Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), ram at 8gb, etc.

I had to attempt to modify my graphics and processor settings to max performance to attempt to get good frames, and I did the virtualization thing in bios where my processor is at max 100% of the time, and the older computer that shouldn't be working near as good still sadly working way better.

It's actually very frustraiting.

The only game I really play is guild wars 2, which at times has horrible fps especially when I update my drivers to any of the newer ones other then the one that came with my laptop which newer drivers is a fucking lie on performance.

Guild Wars 2 is an MMO, and an older one at that, performance in MMOs is not just based on the computer but also on your internet connection and the game servers and engine.

Run the 3DMark benchmark on your system (on wall power) and post the result. Also make sure the laptop is using the nVidia card in the game. You can set it manually in the video options to force the game to run on the card.

2sidedpolygon

Prominent
Jul 1, 2018

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, while their internet connection might affect delays in input or cause freezes, I don't think it would lower their FPS.

Aug 5, 2018
Well, noticeable frame drops on a GTX 1050 are unusual. Run some benchmarks and compare them with a properly functioning GTX 1050.

If there is a problem, then make sure your drivers are up to date. If the problem persists, reset the BIOS (you might have messed around with it). If nothing works, completely erase your hard drive. Erasing the hard drive will solve the issue for sure if there is no hardware problem. Maybe there's some weird virus in your system.