Question Please help me with these ping spikes :(

Jul 21, 2019
Hello I've been experiencing ping spikes randomly during the day across all the devices when the network is even idle. My ping would jump from 10/20ms to over 400 ms for few min before it drops again, this renders activities such as gaming almost unplayable.

I've contacted my ISP BT internet in the UK about these ping spikes and every time they send me a new router which doesn't do anything. i've had 6 engineers and they all comfirmed my line is fine and even installed new socket which didn't do anything. I feel like I've done everything that I can, I'm paying silly money for a connection where I can't use to play online games at all. I've taken a tracerts to google when the ping spikes happens and these are the results: View: https://imgur.com/a/WXLSJ7M

I feel like I've done everything that I can but nothing is fixed, my ISP only care about download and upload speed which I'm getting no problem but this is isn't the full story. I pay silly money for my ISP for package that clearly says: "PERFECT FOR GAMING AND LOWEST LATENCY" however I can't even game when the network is idle yet alone people streaming videos.

So can anyone here help understand where the problem is ? is it bufferbloat, is something within my ISP network ? I just want to know my options before I pay out the exit fees and try my luck with another ISP.

Jul 21, 2019
You may want to state how you're connected from the router/media device to your system(laptop/desktop). You might also want to see if your platform is pending a BIOS update(for your motherboard).

I'm connected via ethernet to my laptop, these ping spikes happen on all devices PS4/phone everything not just my device. These ping spikes also happen when my laptop is off as well so the issue is not the device I'm using.