please help me with weird situation regarding internet access!!!

as1234

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I am not in a position to pay for 200mbps internet, so I am splitting with neighbor. I am currently using an ASUS gaming laptop to play games and browse the web but I am thinking of switching to a desktop because I would like to use a 144mhz screen and that isn't possible on my laptop because the laptop can only use hdmi. Problem is, if I switch to desktop, I need to use a wireless network adapter that plugs into the back of desktop. My laptop currently uses a Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 802.11ac, I'm not sure how good that is, but my laptop gets excellent signal to my neighbors router even though I am quite far from it. I am curious are there any wireless adapters for PCs that can get just as good as a signal from the same distance or better as my laptops wireless adapter? If so, I will switch

Solution
There are many choices. USB, PCI express cards with internal or external antennas, and even boxs that can be run in bridge mode and then connect to an Ethernet port. If you love the Intel 7265, you can even buy stuff built with that chip.

Will they get the same or better connection as your laptop ... if they are quality items they will.

** Edit ** I forgot they also come in M.2 form factor.
There are many choices. USB, PCI express cards with internal or external antennas, and even boxs that can be run in bridge mode and then connect to an Ethernet port. If you love the Intel 7265, you can even buy stuff built with that chip.

Will they get the same or better connection as your laptop ... if they are quality items they will.

** Edit ** I forgot they also come in M.2 form factor.

Solution