this program called winfixer keeps sending me pop-ups saying that i have
errors in my file system or windows registry and it says that it could cause
unpredictable or erratic pc behavior,freezes,crashed,and loss of data i
called my cable company and they said it was spyware but i ran my spyware
remover and it wont stop popping up if there is anyone that has had this
happen to them if you would please help me this is very annoying....thanks

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001

/Tabitha/ said:

> This program called winfixer keeps sending me pop-ups saying that I have
> errors in my file system or windows registry and it says that it could cause
> unpredictable or erratic pc behavior, freezes,crashed, and loss of data. I
> called my cable company and they said it was spyware but I ran my spyware
> remover and it wont stop popping up. If there is anyone that has had this
> happen to them if you would please help me this is very annoying.

Punctuation and capitalization helps you get help.^ Thanks.

Try this site...
http://forums.techguy.org/search.php?s=1e3549ad4965f6f0f20b551d69e3816d&searchid=1074351

--
For most XP answers and tweaks...
http://dougknox.com http://aumha.org

Ras

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2003

Here's a site that may help. Try booting into Safe Mode and then go to
Control Panel to see if it's listed in Add/Remove Programs. If so this
should be the best way to remove this:
http://www.spyware-removal-guideline.com/winfixer-removal

"Tabitha" <Tabitha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> this program called winfixer keeps sending me pop-ups saying that i have
> errors in my file system or windows registry and it says that it could
> cause
> unpredictable or erratic pc behavior,freezes,crashed,and loss of data i
> called my cable company and they said it was spyware but i ran my spyware
> remover and it wont stop popping up if there is anyone that has had this
> happen to them if you would please help me this is very annoying....thanks

Download, install, update and run all of the following.

Ad-Aware
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe

Spybot search and destroy
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe

Ewido Security Suite Trial version

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to this group so that
I can analyze it. Ignore anyone especially the troll Leythos, who will tag
along a nonsense post to this message, who tells you to post it elsewhere. I
need to see it not them.

HijackThis

The authors of the above programs, with the exception of Microsoft has given
the owner of pcbutts1.com express written permission to redistribute their
software.

"Tabitha" <Tabitha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> this program called winfixer keeps sending me pop-ups saying that i have
> errors in my file system or windows registry and it says that it could
> cause
> unpredictable or erratic pc behavior,freezes,crashed,and loss of data i
> called my cable company and they said it was spyware but i ran my spyware
> remover and it wont stop popping up if there is anyone that has had this
> happen to them if you would please help me this is very annoying....thanks

Fitz

***
NEVER download files from anywhere unless it is from the website of the
developer, manufacturer or some entity that you trust. They ALWAYS will
have the most up to date files. You also KNOW they haven't been tampered
with by some third party who is "hosting" those files without permission.
***