Please help me

satinanne

Reputable
Jun 23, 2015
Hi. I am having issues with my HP windows 8. I was attempting to restart my laptop when it said that it needed to UPDATE before the restart which is fine.. Im used to seeing that. BUT in the middle of the update my Laptop died. Now typically when that happens if i plug in the charger it ask me to restart the update but this time I recieved a message saying " System Update Authentication was imcomplete press ENTER to continue" . When I pressed continue it shuts off. I let it sit for a while before I turned it back on, once on it says HP RECOVERY .. after some time it says that it failed and that I am missing something for windows and its telling me to reboot. But I dont know exactly what i need to do that. I can not get into my computer settings to use the link that is provided on this site. please help me im a student with online classes who cant afford a new laptop.. PLEASE HELP??

popatim

Titan
First know that letting your laptop die while the harddrive is in use is a dangerous action. It can literally damage the hdd if the head crashes onto the platter. Other times it might only be corruption as it sounds like in this case. HP usually has built in diagnostic utilities. please see your owners manual for info on accessing and running these tests. You usually can do a factory restore from these same menus (which also wipe all your programs and data off the HDD) please don't do this unless you are sure you dont need any of it.