Please Help Me!

GUNN3RHD

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2015
I have been having this problem for a very long time and it has been irritating me for a while now. I have have changed many settings back and forth, and have factory reset my PC over 10 times I would say. I have done lots of research and I find next to nothing on my problems.

First of all when my PC boots up from my SSD drive I cannot login because my keyboard and mouse don’t work on the login screen, but somehow work on the bios. I think this is due to my USBs not receiving power for approximately 5 minutes or so on the login screen. I don’t think any of my USBs work on the login screen but they aren’t as big a problem as the keyboard and mouse. It would take 5-10 minutes every time I boot for the keyboard and mouse to turn on and I have been doing this for everyday for about 2-3 years.
The second problem is a critical error in Event viewer which then leads to my PC crashing. It Kernell Power ID event 41. I have tried everything other forums and videos have suggested. The PC restarts itself because it apparently hasn’t be shutdown properly. It also immediately crashes if I put
PC in sleep mode and then when I try and awaken the PC it will crash and then I will have to wait for it to boot.

As you can see my PC is very unstable at the moment and suggestions or information on the problems I have been having would be highly appreciated.
If you wanted to know my PC specs for any particular reason they are:
CPU - i7 4790k @ 4.40GHz
GPU - MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
MEMORY - Kingston HyperX Fury 1600MHz
SSD - Samsung 850 evo 112GB
HDD - 1TB Toshiba Drive
MOBO - MSI Gaming 5
CPU COOLER - Phanteks Ph-TC14PE-BK
PSU - EVGA 650w Gold - Tier 1
- Windows 10 64bit Home Edition -

Solution
Could be a PSU problem, try unplugging and replugging all the PSU connectors. Now i'm thinking this is a physical power issue.

Also, if their is a lot of dust in your system, dust your computer out. (doubt this is the culprit, but it's worth a shot.)

Lutfij

Titan
1| You may want to save your overclocking/overclocked profile and then revert to stock settings to see if the overclocks are the cause of this issue(lack of power due to the overclock).

2| Have you made sure your motherboard BIOS is up to date?

3| Save all your critical files (since you can yet boot to GUI) and then recreate your bootable USB installer and reinstall your OS.

4| I'm just assuming here but are you on Windows 10? If so then you may want to try out a repair install.

GUNN3RHD

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2015
Detertek I have already installed every driver. Lufiji, I'll try reverting to stock settings with my overclock but I have just recently reinstalled my OS and it didn't make a change + my BIOS is up to date. Any other suggestions?

GUNN3RHD

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2015
Thanks TechyInAZ I will get round to that but will have to wait untill all my exams are over and then I will take my PC apart. But surely if it was a PSU problem the keyboard and mouse wouldn’t work during BIOs or when logged in.