Dec 30, 2020
I recent just built my first PC. When I try to play any type of games with it I have an issue where my monitors will go black (no mouseinput/pointer) my Keyboard and Mouse RGB lights will flicker off then back on, the sounds that come out of my headphones will have a buzzing effect, I the lights coming from my fans inside the case will stay light then the tower will seem to restart itself but never actually produce any type of display on my screens. The only thing that will help is restarting the PC but that will only help and give me about 30 mins of screen time before the issue continues.

My Build:
Ryzen 7 2700x
MSI AMD Rx 5700xt
16GB Ram (3000hz)
1Tb HDD
500gb SSD
Tomahawk b450 Max
700W Corsair PSU

Steps Ive Taken:
Ive tried another PSU that was rated at the same Wattage and the problem still was there
I tried using different driver versions (using DDU to uninstall the previous drivers before installing a different verison)
Ive stress tested my CPU and GPU separately.

Anyone got any tips?

Solution
My GPU temps, during gaming, were always 82-84c.
My CPU temps ranged from around 70-80 degrees.
Those temps aren't extremely high....maybe a little on the high side....but I'm tending to think they aren't the problem.

Although your voltages could be...HWInfo will display your voltages.
They should remain within 5% of 12, 3.3 and 5 volts at all times...in idle....and under heavy load. HWInfo records the high and low values.
I recent just built my first PC. When I try to play any type of games with it I have an issue where my monitors will go black (no mouseinput/pointer) my Keyboard and Mouse RGB lights will flicker off then back on, the sounds that come out of my headphones will have a buzzing effect, I the lights coming from my fans inside the case will stay light then the tower will seem to restart itself but never actually produce any type of display on my screens. The only thing that will help is restarting the PC but that will only help and give me about 30 mins of screen time before the issue continues.

My Build:
Ryzen 7 2700x
MSI AMD Rx 5700xt
16GB Ram (3000hz)
1Tb HDD
500gb SSD
Tomahawk b450 Max
700W Corsair PSU

Steps Ive Taken:
Ive tried another PSU that was rated at the same Wattage and the problem still was there
I tried using different driver versions (using DDU to uninstall the previous drivers before installing a different verison)
Ive stress tested my CPU and GPU separately.

Anyone got any tips?
Have you checked the temps?

My GPU temps, during gaming, were always 82-84c.
My CPU temps ranged from around 70-80 degrees.
Those temps aren't extremely high....maybe a little on the high side....but I'm tending to think they aren't the problem.

They should remain within 5% of 12, 3.3 and 5 volts at all times...in idle....and under heavy load. HWInfo records the high and low values.

Solution
Dec 30, 2020

Thank you, Ill check it out and see what is going on in my computer!

Dec 3, 2020
You're welcome.
Many times....when a PC runs for a period of time....like 30 minutes....and crashes....OR it crashes when you start up a demanding program (like some games)....the problem is either temps or voltages....not always....but many times.
What would be the fix if the voltages were the problem? (soon to build my first pc and trying to figure out how to prevent bad things happening)